Specs
Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
Video Card: GeForce GTX 570
Operating System: Windows 10
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8.0GB
PSU: SilverStone ST50F-ES230 500W
Motherboard: Rampage 3 Extreme
SSD: Corsair Force GT 120GB

Crashes after a few minutes in-game. When it crashes it has different screen colors of blackscreen of death. Sometimes the GPU fan goes along with it by going to 100% when blackscreen happens. Crashes on the games I'm playing Dota 2 (While in the match) and Warframe. (While in the lobby)

Things I've done already are fresh installing windows, bios update, changing thermal paste on GPU and CPU, and thoroughly cleaning every part of the computer.

The GPU died a month ago for an unknown reason but I was able to bring it back alive by heating it up. Now it's the same issue. I have had this card for a couple of years already and it wasn't really like this at first. (It started after 3-4 years of use I guess)

I honestly don't know what else I could do with this. The only thing that fixed the crashes was underclocking the GPU MHZ and MEM MHZ down by 200.

I also removed 4 of my ram sticks because I suspect my PSU but after a few more research it feels like the only problem here is the GPU.

GeForce GT 730 is a very weak spare card that I only have. It works fine but it's 3x weaker than my GTX 570.

I don't know what else to do with this GPU but I'm posting this thread that maybe someone out there knows a solution. Thanks.

Extras: I have another PC but I can't find the power cable for the power supply for it to test my GTX 570 there.
Image1
Image2

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? I'm sort of pointing a finger at the PSU for the being the cause of your GPU's demise. Have you tried working with a donor PSU that has at least 650W of power at the entire system's disposal?

As for the latter PSU's connector, might want to look at this;
maxresdefault.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? I'm sort of pointing a finger at the PSU for the being the cause of your GPU's demise. Have you tried working with a donor PSU that has at least 650W of power at the entire system's disposal?

maxresdefault.jpg

Solution
Jun 2, 2022
How old is the PSU in your build?
Same as my GPU for around 4 years
Have you tried working with a donor PSU that has at least 650W of power at the entire system's disposal?
No. But since you mentioned it I'll try to find a spare donor PSU that I might have somewhere around here.
I'll try this first. It seems like the IEC C19 is the one. I will be looking for it online.

Thank you for the fast response and your time! I'll give an update when it's finished.