Question Pc crashes when i open games?

Jan 28, 2021
So at some point completely out of the blue, my pc shuts off after functioning perfectly for about a year, and does not turn on at all. I bring it to the repair shop with a new motherboard and a couple days later I get it back with the new board and a new power supply from them installed. As soon as I plug everything in and open a game, the computer just shuts off with no warning and starts back up. That time I ruled out the issue and found it to be two incompatible sticks of ram, so removing one resolved it. After buying high quality ram, the issue persists in a weird way. Sometimes it just happens, at random points in the game, but never far into it, usually the warzone lobby. So if I just keep reopening the game after crashing, at some point it just works again but it's getting very irritating. I have ruled out a couple of fixes, including thermal issues, memory issues, cpu issues, gpu issues, and motherboard issues. I'm thinking it's the power supply because I don't know what kind of PSU they put in there, I only know that it's 700W, which is overboard for my system and many other mid ranges. My specs are as follow:
Intel Core i5-9400F @ 2.9GHz, Turbo boost enabled
GeForce GTX 1660
16gb TridentZ NEO @3600MHz CL18
MSI B365 PRO-VDH
UPDATE: The PSU is a Cooler Master RS-700-PCAA (I found no 80+ rating) here is a link to the product details:
https://www.cnet.com/products/coolermaster-extreme-power-plus-rs-700-pcaa-e3-power-supply-700-watt/ I have also tried plugging the pc into a wall outlet rather than a power strip. Gave no results. I also ran a windows test on Restoro, but didn't want to pay 30 dollars for a software repair. It did find many issues though.
Anyone have an idea as to what could be causing this? If I need to buy a new power supply, I can try that.

Last edited: