PC crashes when playing games - overheating?

luztospooge

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
Hi,
2 or so years ago I built my PC with these specs:
Intel Core i5 6600K
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 2400 MHz RAM
Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance 120 mm Rad All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case with Red LED Fan - Black
EVGA Supernova 650 W Gs Gold 80+ Modular Power Supply Unit
Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboards
MSI AMD R9 390 Gaming Graphics Card (8 GB, PCI-E 3.0, GDDR5, 512 Bit, DVI-I, HDMI)
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive
Seagate 1 TB Backup Plus Slim USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive

Basically, the problem I have been having has been happening for well over a year probably but it was infrequent at the start but not is occurring constantly and causing me to be unable to play games properly.

At the beginning, my PC would usually blue screen after gaming for a couple of hours on intensive games and upon restart say that components are above operating temperature (not these words exactly), and I would wait a few minutes and it would be fine to boot. I would check my temps while waiting and CPU was ~85 degrees and my GPU seems to always be fairly hot (using HW Info to monitor temps) and was also ~80 degrees so I'm thinking there is heating issues in my computer. More recently, my games just crash? E.g. League of Legends bugsplats always (not even an intensive game) and Fortnite does similarly crash with an error. I have a liquid all in one cooler with a 120mm radiator at the back of the case for outlet and two front inlet fans but I'm not sure what to do from here? The pump seems to be working on the cooler as if I feel it while running you can sorta feel the water pumping.

Thank you for any help

Solution
are these three fans running when you game? maybe too much dust in your case?

are you oc-ing your cpu?
if not, you can pick up a cheap air cooler install it, take all component out of the case and run them open bench to see if that improves things.
are these three fans running when you game? maybe too much dust in your case?

are you oc-ing your cpu?
if not, you can pick up a cheap air cooler install it, take all component out of the case and run them open bench to see if that improves things.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS