[SOLVED] PC crashes when playing games

s6lid

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
So my sister bought a new pc worth over atleast 600$ and as I was trying to play and test some games on it the pc would crash without having any popups, the screen would just turn into black and then the pc would reboot like nothing ever happened and it's really annoying me out because I can't play Elden Ring, Little Nightmares, Valorant, Grand Theft Auto V or basically any game out there without the pc having to crash every few minutes or hours.

Since I'm using a Ryzen 5 APU, I remembered that my friend had told me beforehand that Ryzen 5 sucks and the ram needs to be overclocked in order for it to work properly.
And so I did, I turned up the MHZ of the ram to 3,200 and then upped the voltage up by 1.35 as it was written on the fix that I had found.

But after all that, no success, I tried upping the voltage by 1.39 and it worked kind of but I'm scared that my cpu might get stressed too much or my components might be damaged..

I can run valorant and RDR2 for hours without having the pc crash atleast once while sending out 1.39 voltz to the ram but then when I try playing games like Genshin Impact or Dark Souls 3, the pc crashes after just 10 - 30 minutes of gameplay....
I wanna try and fix it myself but I know nothing more about computers besides the hardware and peripherals themselves so I'm scared that I might break a thing.

My specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G
CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler
Motherboard: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX
Storage: 222GB SSD internal with 2TB HDD external (I forgot the brand)
GPU: AMD Vega 7 Graphics
Memory: 2x8gb Avexir Core 2 Series (not sure if that product is known globally but here's a link http://www.avexir.com/product/core2series-ddr4.html)
PSU: Thermaltake Litepower 550 watts PSU

Not sure if any of these specs are the cause or there is something that I haven't downloaded but I made sure that my AMD drivers are updated, even downloaded the drivers for the ram but it still crashes. I'm just speculating that it's the ram or something because whenever I'd turn up the voltage just by a tiny amount I can experience RDR2 with no crashes every 6 hours or so.

I don't think there are temp issues aswell, I tested them using msi afterburner and while the gpu and sometimes the cpu would run at 100% while playing these games, the temps would normally be around 60 degrees celcius with having background apps like discord and opera gx opened.

Solution
Make sure RAM is installed in slots a2-b2.
Enter BIOS and set everything to defaults.
Enable XMP/D.O.C.P in BIOS

Check that everything is up to date including chipset drivers.

Install HWINFO64 and enable logging to check temps while gaming.

BTW: there is no such thing as "drivers for RAM". What exactly did you download?

A2D3RS0N

Prominent
May 3, 2021
I would set everything back to default settings, if that computer was advertised as a gaming computer, The basic conclusion would be advertisement fraud, integrated-GPU's have there limits and are used for low end gaming or office work, that does not require much hardware. With that build you would be-able to play older games. I recommend purchasing a independent GPU that requires a 6pin or 8pin power(100-200ish USD range of price) if you had a GTX 960-970 or better you would not be crashing, your on board gpu gets too hot, so you crash.

Make sure RAM is installed in slots a2-b2.
Enter BIOS and set everything to defaults.
Enable XMP/D.O.C.P in BIOS

Check that everything is up to date including chipset drivers.

Install HWINFO64 and enable logging to check temps while gaming.

BTW: there is no such thing as "drivers for RAM". What exactly did you download?

Reactions: rickypicky5
Solution

A2D3RS0N

Prominent
May 3, 2021
The risk of downloading potential harmful applications are based on anyone's reading comprehension and safety checks of sites, we all make mistakes and learn from it,
I hope.
If you downloaded something that can damage your system make sure to report it to a scam-fraud-reports site,

Scam adviser is a good site to do background checks on sites.

Last edited: