Question PC crashes when playing games ?

Mimmoz

Prominent
Sep 6, 2021
Hello everyone,
I've been having a problem for a few months.
More or less 80% of the time I start games that use a lot of graphics memory, the monitor no longer receives a signal from the graphics card, and after about twenty seconds the PC restarts or i have to restart it manually. I'm having the problem with games like Battlefiel 2042 and Warzone. With League of Legends i dont have any problem of lost signal ( i just have low fps sometimes, that is weird on a game like that). 2 or 3 times i get the problem just with google chrome.
For the first year i had no problem at all.

- Windows 10
  • MSI X570 Tomahawk wifi
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060Ti
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Corsair RM750x 80
I've already reset and updated the drivers with ddu.
No problem with 3dmark benchmark

The error: The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. Thanks

vishvajit

BANNED
Jan 21, 2023
It appears to be a graphics card issue. Here are a few suggestions to resolve the problem:
  1. Update the graphics card driver to the latest version and make sure it's compatible with your system.
  2. Try underclocking the GPU to see if it resolves the issue.
  3. Check the power supply unit (PSU) and make sure it's providing enough power to the GPU. A weak or failing PSU can cause crashes and instability.
  4. Make sure the GPU is properly seated in the PCIe slot and there are no loose connections.
  5. Try reducing the graphics settings in the games that cause the issue.
  6. Try removing the graphics card and cleaning the PCIe slot and contacts with a soft cloth or compressed air.
  7. If possible, try using a different graphics card and see if the issue persists.
If the problem persists after trying these steps, consider contacting the manufacturer for further support or seeking assistance from a computer technician.

Mimmoz

Prominent
Sep 6, 2021
1 done
2 done with msi afterburner
3 how?
5 with a 3060ti im playing at medium ( and i think is low)
7 i dont have any other graphic card

4 and 6 > New update, i moved the graphics card to the second slot of the mobo, now i don't have crash, but i have a lot of graphics bugs, colour mismatch and fps lag.
Could it be the mobo?
What tests can i do?

please help

Thanks

Mimmoz

Prominent
Sep 6, 2021
i just don't understand why, i looked on the internet and is full of people having this problem with nvidia rtx (nvlddmkm and lost signal) but cant find a solution. i cant even understand if is a hardware problem and which component has a problem...