Question PC crashes but only when playing online games ?

ounu

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
Hello everyone!
I'm having this issue and it's really annoying. For the past couple of months, my pc is crashing with no errors while I'm playing online, never crashed in single player. So my pc freezes and screen turns black, my GPU fan starts making noise like it is being utilized 100%. I have changed mobo, psu but the problem still persists. I used to have a 120hz monitor and it used to be fine then. Any help will be appreciated.

PC Specs:

- Gigabyte b450m s2h
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Stock cooler
- AMD MSI RX580 8GB
- Ram 16gb 3200mz G-skill Aegis 8+8
- Lexar SSD NM620 256GB
- ST1000DM003-1SB10C
- Samsung Oddyssey G4 240hz

Games it crashes on are: Valorant, Rust, The Finals, Apex Legends
Games it doesn't crash on are: RDR2, DMC, COD Black Ops Cold War

P.S. I delete some cfg files of Rust then it doesn't crash for that playthrough so I delete it everytime I play.

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. BIOS version for your motherboard?

I have changed mobo, psu but the problem still persists.
Did you swap the board with a like-for-like or a different board?

What is the make and model of your case, the number of fans in said case and their orientation? Ambient room temps? Does the issue go away when you set your refresh rate to 120Hz?

You might want to try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU drivers sourced off of AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

ounu

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
PSU is a new CoolerMaster MWE 550 and Bios version is F64. I bought a completely new board and replaced with the old one, which was also the same make. I don't know the make of case but I have 2 fans on it. I will also try to play in 120 hz and see if it still crashes.

Sometimes when it crashes, I also remove all of GPU's driver through DDU in safe mode and now I've installed an older version and it is not crashing that frequently.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the drivers. I have checked event viewer right after the crash, it is showing something about GameBar which I have also uninstalled but still getting that error after crashing.

error:
Unable to start a DCOM Server: Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter. The error:
"2147942402"
Happened while starting this command:
"C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" -ServerName:Windows.Gaming.GameBar.Internal.PresenceWriterServer