Pc crashes when running in dual channel ram

The Meeknd

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
Hi everyone, my PC seems to crash every time that the ram is set up in dual channel. The individual sticks works fine, but when they are set up in dual channel mode the computer would run for a little bit then crash. I've tried running both the sticks side by side for single channel mode and that works. Also why can't I run the ram in 2133 mhz

My setup:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H (rev 1.1)
RAM: G.Skill ares 16gb (2x8gb) 2133mhz
CPU: i5 3470

Solution

Might be that the cpu cooler is placed uneven which might give this problem,see if it is loose on one side or if an aftermarket one unscrew abit loose and tighten again,just snug,don't overdo it or just reseat it.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Might be that the cpu cooler is placed uneven which might give this problem,see if it is loose on one side or if an aftermarket one unscrew abit loose and tighten again,just snug,don't overdo it or just reseat it.

Solution

The Meeknd

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016

Ive gotten the dual channel to work for a little bit but its still unstable. Reseating the cooler definitely helped. I just need to find the perfect balance between sorta tight and sorta loose. Anyways thanks for the suggestion. Never would've thought of it.

The Meeknd

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016

So after a while of messing with it. Its now stable and has been going strong for a day or so. But I never got the memory to go above 1330mhz... or the option of XMP. I have a different cpu now, its the i7 2600. Any insight?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Well for the answer of not having XMP is this the answer,

To support XMP memory, you must install an Intel® 22nm (Ivy Bridge) CPU that supports DDR3 1600 MHz.
the i7 2600 k isn't ivy bridge but the older Sandy bridge.You could try and set speed,timings and voltage manually if possible. Otherwise try the highest speed available.

Why the change of cpu? The i5 you had in there was ivy bridge ..

The Meeknd

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016

Welp I guess I have to stick with 1330mhz. I switch to I7 because I needed the extra threads do have a smooth experience with a lot of applications running. I could've gotten a 3770k but I didnt want to pay about 70 dollar extra.