[SOLVED] PC Crashes When Running Multiple Programs

Feb 1, 2020
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B450-F
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz
GPU: Radeon RX 5700

So I just built this PC within the last couple months and I've had continued to have this same issue ever since it was built. When I run a game (usually Overwatch) and have a stream on my second monitor along with discord and spotify in the background, my PC will usually crash. It doesn't happen every single time but usually if it's overworked it tend to go black. I've used two different 2700x chips and it changed nothing so i've kind of ruled that out. I've also totally wiped all my hard drives multiple times and made sure I've downloaded all my necessary drivers.

I noticed my max bandwidth on CPU-Z is only around 1066mhz so I'm lead to believe that's what's causing the issues. I've gone into the bios to set my ram speed but if i put it any higher than like.. 2400mhz my PC fails to boot.

Maybe there's something that I'm missing but I haven't run into this consistent issue before with previous builds.

Solution
Two sets of two but they're both the same brand and same freq
Mix and match RAM is always a gamble. They sell matched sets of 4 because of this. You are lucky it will run at 2133. You might try a little more RAM voltage. But there is no guaranteed method of getting different RAM sets to work at high clock speeds.

My recommendation would be to buy a 2x16GB and sell the two sets of 2x8GB ...

kanewolf

Titan
Two sets of two but they're both the same brand and same freq
Mix and match RAM is always a gamble. They sell matched sets of 4 because of this. You are lucky it will run at 2133. You might try a little more RAM voltage. But there is no guaranteed method of getting different RAM sets to work at high clock speeds.

My recommendation would be to buy a 2x16GB and sell the two sets of 2x8GB ...

Solution