Question PC crashes when starting programs but has no problems when relaunching them

Oct 27, 2020
Specs:
-R9 3900X
-RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
-4x8 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz
-Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
-Custom loop
-Windows 10

I tend to doubt that this is a hardware problem, since I've benchmarked all my parts before and they've preformed as expected, however launching programs is the only issue. Once the program is running, it seems to work fine, but it normally crashes at least once before that point. When I say crash, I don't mean any blue screen or anything like that. The program I'm trying to run will freeze for a little bit, get minimized to the taskbar, and then will need to be closed out of before I start it again. This doesn't happen to every program; it's only really games and other demanding tasks like video editing software that are the issue. I've recently updated Windows, updated my computer's BIOS, updated my Nvidia drivers, and even tried re-verifying game files on Steam, yet nothing has made a difference. When any of these programs are running, my CPU and GPU usage normally stay pretty low, as well as temperatures, so it's not like it's having trouble running the games. I couldn't find anyone else with this problem and don't really know what to do at this point. I could provide more hardware and software information for anyone who needs it, if that helps.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS