[SOLVED] Pc crashes when trying to install radeon drivers

Oct 28, 2021
I'm experiencing trouble with my AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT. Its working, I'm having no display issues, but after a crash I was forced to reinstall windows and now the drivers wont install. Here's the pc specs.

Specs -
MB: B450M-A PRO MAX
Processer: Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor
Ram: 32GB DDR 4
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
PSU: EVGA 600W 80+ White

I'll explain how it all began, and everything I've tried so far.

I was playing Far Cry 6 the other night, when my pc crashed with a black screen (I read later that other people have experienced a similar crash with Far Cry 6) and booted back up. On the loading screen it froze, then booted again and went to automatic repair. I tried a repair, then a restore, and neither worked so I reinstalled windows. Success, or so I thought. I was reinstalling my drivers, and halfway through installing the AMD Radeon drivers, the pc crashed again. I rebooted and it froze again while loading, before going back into automatic repair mode. I went went into safe mode and used Amd's driver removal tool to remove the drivers and rebooted. Worked again. I tried to reinstall just the drivers, it crashed again. I tried an older driver, and crashed again. The newest optional one, same result. I did a memtest to double check my ram, and got no errors. I updated my Bios and tried again, and it still crashed. I even uninstalled google chrome and nothing. I'm at a dead end right now, so I was hoping someone here might be able to give me an idea to try or tell me if they've dealt with it before and how they fixed it.

I should note, windows and all other drivers are up to date.

Solution
That's the thing, I'm getting no errors. The pc just crashes and freezes
usually this wouldn't be a connected issue but;
keep an eye on CPU temperatures while the installation is running.

with a few of the Windows 10 updates over the last few months i've had issues where running some software with simple system scanning tools(like AI Suite III's Fan Xpert 'Fan Tuning', Windows 11 Installation Asst, Nvidia driver & Control Panel fresh install, etc) would cause my CPU to spike up into the 90s, freeze screen, & crash to restart.
which never happens during even my extreme stress tests.

happened probably 4-5 times since August.
each time i would lower CPU voltages and core significantly and then run the scans. temps would...
Oct 28, 2021
That's the thing, I'm getting no errors. The pc just crashes and freezes, then goes to automatic repair. I started by using AMD's auto detect, then switched to downloading the latest and past drivers from their site.

That's the thing, I'm getting no errors. The pc just crashes and freezes
usually this wouldn't be a connected issue but;
keep an eye on CPU temperatures while the installation is running.

with a few of the Windows 10 updates over the last few months i've had issues where running some software with simple system scanning tools(like AI Suite III's Fan Xpert 'Fan Tuning', Windows 11 Installation Asst, Nvidia driver & Control Panel fresh install, etc) would cause my CPU to spike up into the 90s, freeze screen, & crash to restart.
which never happens during even my extreme stress tests.

happened probably 4-5 times since August.
each time i would lower CPU voltages and core significantly and then run the scans. temps would still climb but would complete.
and each time after a couple weeks the issue would be gone until another certain update would occur. i should have kept notes on which specific updates but i didn't suspect they were related until later on.
in no way related to my system configuration, strictly software issue(s). all temps stay very low during all scenarios with this current system and never has any issue outside of these instances.

this may not be the case with you but i would still look into it.

Solution
Oct 28, 2021
I actually forgot to mention I did watch cpu temp while installing, it didn't go above 55. I suspected my psu, but I changed it out for a new one and no difference. I will try lowering the cpu and core.

Oct 28, 2021
I have. I've tried minimal and just drivers. I'm starting to think it might just be the card, I've bought a replacement, had to go back to a 1050ti, not happy but its the best i can get in the great card shortage. I wont give up just yet though, but I've been on to amazon and at least they'll give me a refund if nothing works.