[SOLVED] PC Crashes when under load, and have tried a couple options. Im new to the PC thing and not exactly sure how to diagnose my problem.

May 10, 2020
Hello,
I have had my PC for about 2 weeks now, I built it myself as well as my other two buddies as well who have the exact same hardware I bought. I have the Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5600 XT, MSI B450 A-PRO MAX, 16GB 3600MHz RAM, 550W Gold+ PSU. Running newest version of Windows 10 and newest Video Drivers, as well as newest motherboard chipset drivers. Ive used HWInfo and monitored my CPU and GPU temps and my CPU temps were kind of high at about high 80's. but like I said, me and my buddies all bought the same hardware and I built their pc's as well and theirs doesnt crash or have the same issues. I know I need to get my CPU temps down, but they have the same Ryzen 5 3600 with the stock wraith cooler it comes with and have the same temps in game I do, with no problems. So this is what makes me think my issue isnt temp related.

One thing I have noticed is when my pc is about to crash, the audio becomes quite distorted. It gets more heavily distorted the closer my pc gets to crashing. When it crashes, it just restarts like nothing happened with no BSOD or error messages. I thought it was a driver issue and used DDU to completely uninstall, and reinstall my Video Drivers but that didnt work. Ive ran Heaven Benchmark on Ultra Settings many times through with no crash. It seems to only happen when my system is under load. If anyone wouldnt mind helping me out if you might have a clue what is going on, that would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: kyab
Solution
Since your CPU have higher temp, maybe the termal paste wasn't applied properly. Either too much and to little will degrade performance.
May 6, 2020
AGHHGH

I came to ask for help as well and saw this thread... Your specs are similar to mine and I have the same issue!

My specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
RX 5700XT
Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz
ASRock x470 Master SLI/AC
CX750M

I've been dealing with this since I built my PC about 6 months ago..
My PC will be stable and perform great during CPU and GPU benchmarks such as cinebench, 3DMark, and even Prime95...

It crashes however in games.. I mostly play Minecraft so I don't always crash unless its a very graphic intensive moment, but in higher performance games such as War thunder, Sea of thieves, warzone, it will crash upon entering a game usually.

I originally suspected RAM because I would crash during memtests, but I replaced the RAM last week and I am still crashing even though I pass memtests now...

Let's compare info and share our diagnoses so we can work this out.

Here are the things I suspect in my own system:

• Some issue stemming from bios updating my board for Zen2
  • My mobo has a 4+4 cpu but also another 4 pins but my PSU only has the 4+4 cable.. maybe lack of power to mobo?
  • possibly a faulty graphics card (I bought mine used)

Tell me whether we share any other similarities and maybe we can get to the bottom of this