[SOLVED] pc crashes whenever i play any game

Mohand_1

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
so i have had this problem for a month now. what happens is after a of gaming my PC crashes without a BSOD and restarts automatically. some times it takes 5 minutes for this to happen some times it takes half an hour. this happens with any game i play.

specs:
CPU: i5-4460 3.2 GHz
GPU: gtx 1050 ti
psu: corsair vs650
ram: 16 GB
motherboard: h81m-eco

solutions i tried :
i have checked the drives they are all up to date this includes the BIOS as well.and i have checked the temp for the CPU they were 85c on max load so i changed the thermal paste now its 70c on max load the GPU doesn't go above 65c on max load i did a clean reset of my PC and i cleaned the PC of dust.

Last edited:
Solution
Does the BSOD have anything displayed as the cause? Also check the windows event logs to see if there is any indication of a problem.

Next looking at your specs it could very well be your PSU, The VS series isn't really known for quality, and thus is generally recommended to stay away from it. Replacing it with something like the Corsair CX or CXm series PSU for the budget end or something like a Seasonic FOCUS Gold if you want don't mind spending more on something much better would be another place to start.
Does the BSOD have anything displayed as the cause? Also check the windows event logs to see if there is any indication of a problem.

Next looking at your specs it could very well be your PSU, The VS series isn't really known for quality, and thus is generally recommended to stay away from it. Replacing it with something like the Corsair CX or CXm series PSU for the budget end or something like a Seasonic FOCUS Gold if you want don't mind spending more on something much better would be another place to start.

Solution

Mohand_1

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017

I get no BSOD the pc just restarts but I do get error ID 41 in event viewer and about the psu I will try to use another one before and seeing the result before buying a new one

Mohand_1

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017

Thank you dude I replaced my psu with a another one and the problem has gone now