[SOLVED] Pc crashes While gaming (after 15min)

May 29, 2020
So here’s the deal: any game crashes in 5-10 minutes on my brand new custom pc. It doesn’t matter what game fortnite Cod Warzone GtaV... i can only play cs go with good fps !

I built the pc by myself for the first time, and it went fine until I tried playing Fortnite. I was running it on epic settings and the game crashed in 5 minutes. I kept restarting it and lowering the settings, and it kept crashing.

These are the specs
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core
GPU: Radeon RX 590 8GB
Motherboard: AS Rock x370m-hdv
RAM: Xpg 8GB DDR4 single stick 3000ghz
SSD: Inland pro 240GB 2.5” SATA 6GB/s
PSU: EVGA 500B bronze non-modular

What I have tried:
Removing all the gpu drivers and re-installing them
Downloaded 3 different driver detectors, all which gave me the same 7 drivers I needed to download, and installed them all.
Reset the PC
Checked the cable connections
installed new windows
i couldn't solve the problem !

Solution
Make sure that you go to ASRock website and download the latest bios/motherboard chipset drivers. By reinstalling windows you wiped out any/all prior driver downloads. Don't bother with driver detectors, between ASRock, Windows and AMD drivers you'll be upto date.

Still trying to figure out why the x370 motherboard, it was designed for use with 1st/2nd series but is compatible with 3rd release. Just have to be careful of the VRM's since the 3rd series can have higher current draws and overheat the VRM's.

Single ram stick (not the best idea for Ryzen) should be in slot A2. Any other slot almost always has issues with XMP. You may need to manually set the timings, voltages and speeds, some motherboards simply do not like 3000MHz, you...
So here’s the deal: any game crashes in 5-10 minutes on my brand new custom pc. It doesn’t matter what game fortnite Cod Warzone GtaV... i can only play cs go with good fps !

I built the pc by myself for the first time, and it went fine until I tried playing Fortnite. I was running it on epic settings and the game crashed in 5 minutes. I kept restarting it and lowering the settings, and it kept crashing.

These are the specs
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core
GPU: Radeon RX 590 8GB
Motherboard: AS Rock x370m-hdv
RAM: Xpg 8GB DDR4 single stick 3000ghz
SSD: Inland pro 240GB 2.5” SATA 6GB/s
PSU: EVGA 500B bronze non-modular

What I have tried:
Removing all the gpu drivers and re-installing them
Downloaded 3 different driver detectors, all which gave me the same 7 drivers I needed to download, and installed them all.
Reset the PC
Checked the cable connections
installed new windows
i couldn't solve the problem !
Download the free version of memtest86 and do a default 4 pass test at DDR4 3000. If you get any errors at 3000, drop it to 2666 and rerun the test. If it still gets errors, drop it to all automatic settings of 2133 CL15 and if it still gets errors you should RMA the module for a replacement or buy a different kit. If you do buy another kit, make sure you get at least 2x4GB (same price as 1x8GB) for dual channel mode. https://www.memtest86.com/ You might have a faulty memory module that works fine until you start loading a lot of data into memory like a game. You might also have a faulty SSD.

You might just need to buy a 600-650watt PSU, because the total system power draw with your parts configuration is around 325-350w during gaming or stress testing. Over half of that is from the GPU, which may be stressing the PSU too much when you put load on it.

Reactions: F9lMalin

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Make sure that you go to ASRock website and download the latest bios/motherboard chipset drivers. By reinstalling windows you wiped out any/all prior driver downloads. Don't bother with driver detectors, between ASRock, Windows and AMD drivers you'll be upto date.

Still trying to figure out why the x370 motherboard, it was designed for use with 1st/2nd series but is compatible with 3rd release. Just have to be careful of the VRM's since the 3rd series can have higher current draws and overheat the VRM's.

Single ram stick (not the best idea for Ryzen) should be in slot A2. Any other slot almost always has issues with XMP. You may need to manually set the timings, voltages and speeds, some motherboards simply do not like 3000MHz, you may need to back it down to 2933MHz.

If you are crashing due to hardware problems that's one thing, but if due to drivers or software conflicts or cpu errors, they should show up in Windows Event viewer as a red flagged critical error. That might point in a better direction than guessing all over the place.

Solution

InvalidError

Titan
The first thing I do whenever I build a new PC or change RAM is run memtest86+ for 12+ hours. I've wasted a week sorting through corrupted files thanks to a single intermittent bit once, I'd rather not do that again if I can help it.

500W is enough for just about any reasonable high-end single-GPU build but the EVGA 500B is only passable quality and may not be quite up to the task. There is at least a possibility it could be contributing to your problems due to outputs not being sufficiently stable and clean.