[SOLVED] PC crashes while gaming

Jan 19, 2022
So I'm not computer savvy at all and am at wit's end since this keeps happening. I've tried everything my computer friends have told me and looked online for solutions but honestly, nothing has worked. My system is getting up there in age with most components being over four years old aside from my PSU which I got thinking that might help. I was planning to build (well have friend build) a new one but haven't been able to get the GPU yet.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16 GB ram
Radeon RX 470
EVGA 850 B5
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 6

I think these are all the components but not sure if I'm missing any.

Solution
So I'm not computer savvy at all and am at wit's end since this keeps happening. I've tried everything my computer friends have told me and looked online for solutions but honestly, nothing has worked. My system is getting up there in age with most components being over four years old aside from my PSU which I got thinking that might help. I was planning to build (well have friend build) a new one but haven't been able to get the GPU yet.

16 GB ram
Radeon RX 470
EVGA 850 B5
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 6

Make sure it's nothing wrong with hardware by running tests under load with something like https://www.ocbase.com/...

16 GB ram
Radeon RX 470
EVGA 850 B5
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 6

Make sure it's nothing wrong with hardware by running tests under load with something like https://www.ocbase.com/ it will catch problems like overeating etc.

Solution
Jan 18, 2022
www.youtube.com

16 GB ram
Radeon RX 470
EVGA 850 B5
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 6

Hi there,

As you said above that you are not tech savy I will put some links in here to help you further troubleshoot your issue.

Try checking your computers power plan by going into settings and searching for power options. Here is a video link on how to do this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WoAZ4LKVC0

Try setting it to high performance mode as it could be an issue where your components are not getting enough power while under load as you have recently changed your PSU.

You could also check for error codes in event viewer. Look for error codes in the viewer that happen around the same time as the shutdown or restarts happen, the viewer will give you more detailed info as to why your computer is powering down:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt9uIe_SddQ

Also make sure you clean your system of dust with a non lint based rag or can of compressed air as temperature issues can also cause random shut downs.

Try re-seating your ram also and cleaning the slots in which your ram goes in as in some cases this can also cause random shut down issues.

Ensure you check your CPU & GPU temps and performances in task manager as that would be an easy way to get a look at how your PC is performing. This can be done by pressing Ctrl + alt & Del. Once open, click on the performance tab and you will be able to see how your computer is doing.

I hope this info helps and if it does not, I hope you find the solution! :)

Jan 19, 2022
Hi there,

As you said above that you are not tech savy I will put some links in here to help you further troubleshoot your issue.

Try checking your computers power plan by going into settings and searching for power options. Here is a video link on how to do this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WoAZ4LKVC0

Try setting it to high performance mode as it could be an issue where your components are not getting enough power while under load as you have recently changed your PSU.

You could also check for error codes in event viewer. Look for error codes in the viewer that happen around the same time as the shutdown or restarts happen, the viewer will give you more detailed info as to why your computer is powering down:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt9uIe_SddQ

Also make sure you clean your system of dust with a non lint based rag or can of compressed air as temperature issues can also cause random shut downs.

Try re-seating your ram also and cleaning the slots in which your ram goes in as in some cases this can also cause random shut down issues.

Ensure you check your CPU & GPU temps and performances in task manager as that would be an easy way to get a look at how your PC is performing. This can be done by pressing Ctrl + alt & Del. Once open, click on the performance tab and you will be able to see how your computer is doing.

I hope this info helps and if it does not, I hope you find the solution! :)
So, I did the first one and everything seemed to be going ok and it got further than it ever had before shutting down. I tried the second video and found that the source was EventLog and the event ID was 6008. I tried looking it up but there wasn't many helpful links.

Jan 18, 2022
www.youtube.com
So, I did the first one and everything seemed to be going ok and it got further than it ever had before shutting down. I tried the second video and found that the source was EventLog and the event ID was 6008. I tried looking it up but there wasn't many helpful links.
Hi there!

So that error code means the system shut down unexpectedly most likely due to loss of power. What I would suggest is if your computer is plugged into an extension chord. Try to plug it into a wall outlet itself and see if this fixes the issue.

But if it is still persisting it will most probably be a bad PSU. But before doing anything too hasty, make sure you check things such as RAM slots, CPU cooler, GPU fans and motherboard connectors for dust as this can also cause this error code to show.

I hope this helps you out! :)

TRENDING THREADS