[SOLVED] PC crashes while playing games, HDD dissappears from "This PC", but after shutdown and boot up reappears

Dec 6, 2021
So the thing is, I bought this brand new WD Blue 1TB HDD like almost a month ago, and its been a week since it started making some problems. When I'm playing games that are even installed on my SSD, not just HDD, like Rust, the computer crashes. If I do not shut down the computer and I press the restart button, the HDD is not detected in "this pc", but it appears in apps like HDD Sentinel. Only after a shut down and boot up the hdd appears again. This only occurs in my HDD, which I scanned with a command in cmd a few days ago, and all the sectors were fine, perfect. I also tried a windows memory scan located in administrative tools, control panel. What could be the problem? Do I need to change the SATA cable or clean up my computer since it is a bit dusty?

Solution
GPU: MSI Mech OC RX 5600 XT 6GB
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
CPU cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO White
Mobo: Gigabyte b450 gaming X
Ram: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX, 16GB DDR4, 3600MHz CL20, Dual Channel
PSU: nJoy agon 600 (this might also be a problem)
HDD: WD Blue 1TB HDD
SSD: Kingston 480gb Sata 3
Try these (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, when it asked to restart, just click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

and uninstall the amd chipset driver on the control panel

• Restart the pc to bios, and update...
So the thing is, I bought this brand new WD Blue 1TB HDD like almost a month ago, and its been a week since it started making some problems. When I'm playing games that are even installed on my SSD, not just HDD, like Rust, the computer crashes. If I do not shut down the computer and I press the restart button, the HDD is not detected in "this pc", but it appears in apps like HDD Sentinel. Only after a shut down and boot up the hdd appears again. This only occurs in my HDD, which I scanned with a command in cmd a few days ago, and all the sectors were fine, perfect. I also tried a windows memory scan located in administrative tools, control panel. What could be the problem? Do I need to change the SATA cable or clean up my computer since it is a bit dusty?
please list full system specs.

Dec 6, 2021
please list full system specs.

Try these (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, when it asked to restart, just click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

and uninstall the amd chipset driver on the control panel

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download the latest one if you already at bios f40 or more, if you dont then download f32, f40, and f62d, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios f32, then f40, then f62d). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan and make sure its on ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.
  • Install the latest radeon driver.
  • And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any.
*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and the other settings you did), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution