Question Pc crashes while updating gpu driver

Dec 3, 2021
Hello,
Recently got a new gpu (2060) but when I try to download drivers my pc just crashes and reboots to recovery. Then when I try with 1060 its fine, ive also used ddu to uninstall nvidia drivers.
Specs:
i7 8700
Msi z370 sli plus
32gb ram
650w cx psu

Thanks for any response.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just allow windows to deal with drivers temporarily. Get gpu-Z and check the stats on the card vs known, vbios version etc. I'm doubting you got a brand new card, assuming it's used, but also assuming the worst and you only got a card that says it's a 2060, but isn't or was vbios modified for mining.

Dec 3, 2021
Just allow windows to deal with drivers temporarily. Get gpu-Z and check the stats on the card vs known, vbios version etc. I'm doubting you got a brand new card, assuming it's used, but also assuming the worst and you only got a card that says it's a 2060, but isn't or was vbios modified for mining.
I can only use the card in safe mode, Gpu-Z wont open in safe mode. When im not in safe mode using the card and go to device manager- display adapters it doesnt say its using the 2060. But if I try and download drivers it crashes and when I get back to safe mode and go to display adapters it says 2060.