Pc crashes with artifacts , Hardware or sofware fault ?

machielste

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Hey,

Today when i watched a video on youtube fullscreen , it froze and had symetrical artifacts { the sound also loops}

They are red and green little boxes of stripes evenly spread across the screen.

This is the second time ive had this happen.

im running a msi gtx 560ti tinfrozer II

a 2500k {both unoverclocked}

win 7 latest updates

latest nvidia drivers.

750w psu

4 gb's of corsair vengance ram.

If anyone can help me , thank you in advance

Update :

it just happened again , but this time i had been gaming for 2 hours , shut the game down and started watching a youtube video
When the video went fullscreen it happened again

COLGeek

Cybernaut
These are the typical symptoms of a heat and/or power problem. What make/model of power supply are you using? Also, how are your CPU and GPU temperatures at idle and under load (like when gaming)?

machielste

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009

I can assure you that tempratures are fine

my psu a a corsair 750 hx

it has only happened in youtube fullscreen , when i run furmark and prime95 , system is comepletely fine

gpu at 70 with furmark and cpu a 47 with prime { Celcius}

Russosaur

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
I would try Beta drivers, sometimes that solves problems. My 560 Ti started freezing up like that I lowered the voltage to 1.050 from 1.062 and it solved the problem along with beta drivers.

cmi86

Distinguished
Do you have a known working GPU ? I know of people having had some issues with the 560Ti at times (mostly random crashing and screen lock-ups) CPU's and RAM will most often BSOD in a failure state as opposed to actually visualize artifacts on the screen. Try a few new drivers, update flash, and test out the GPU with a known working unit (also yours in another rig if you can) If all of that checks out look into your PSU, corsair makes nice PSU's but nice hardware fails sometimes too.

machielste

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009

I triend my old 220gt , worked like a charm , so that the GPU that bugging me now.
Ive done a rollback of drivers and havent had a lockup ina while , hope itl keep working.

my temps with prime95 and furmark are 45 , cpu and gpu 75 {in games its about 63} Celcius

cmi86

Distinguished

Your 560 require WAY more power than your old 220, could still be a PSU. Go pick up a nice 600W single 12V rail from a good manufacturer for testing purposes with the 560. If it works keep it, if it doesn't rule out PSU and turn towards failed 560