Question PC crashes with random color screen

SastaJoker

Prominent
Dec 3, 2020
hello,
So i got this issue where my pc is randomly freezing up with random colors every time on each of my monitor . i have 2 monitors one is running at 60Hz and another at 144 Hz
at a given crash scenario ,the colors are never the same on both the monitors .
recently moved to a very remote town so i have no access to another Pc where i can test , or any repair shop

things i have noticed
  1. the crash happens randomly rarely as soon as i boot up and most crashes after 1 -2 hours
  2. Happens at anytime . pc sitting idle , or during gaming , or watching movies , browsing web
  3. watched a FurMark stress test run without any issues for 1 hour sitting at constant 75 degrees Celsius .
  4. Switching Windows with older drivers for GPU . still crash

Took out the GPU , pc ran without any crash

i am out of options to try , would be glad if anyone can suggest me next steps .
my pc specifications are listed below and to be noted i never overclocked

PC specs
CPU- I7 6700k
GPU- Zotac amp GTX 1080
MB- Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4
Ram- DDR4 2133 Mhz 48 GB . (16x 3)
Psu- Corsair VS650
CPU cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212X
storage - WD 4 TB hdd + WD 3TB hdd + 1 TB 860 Evo + 250 GB 750 Evo + 512 GB 970 pro

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Artifacting from your GPU can occur from a couple of things;
a| faulty/failing GPU
b| corrupt driver
or
c| a faulty/failing PSU

Now, have you tried changing the PSU out with one borrowed from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built PSU that has 650W of power at your entire system's disposal? how old is your current PSU?

Why are you trying to drive a car that needs 4 wheels on 3? You should remove the odd stick of ram so you're on a dual channel mode. Are they all the same stick of ram but just 3 sticks?

SastaJoker

Prominent
Dec 3, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Artifacting from your GPU can occur from a couple of things;
a| faulty/failing GPU
b| corrupt driver
or
c| a faulty/failing PSU

Now, have you tried changing the PSU out with one borrowed from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built PSU that has 650W of power at your entire system's disposal? how old is your current PSU?

Why are you trying to drive a car that needs 4 wheels on 3? You should remove the odd stick of ram so you're on a dual channel mode. Are they all the same stick of ram but just 3 sticks?
Thank you for reply .
I don't have access to a new PSU anywhere near me . My PSU is currently 4 years 2 months old
RAM are all the same . It used to be 32 GB . Later I added another one
. 3 of them are from Corsair vengeance