[SOLVED] PC crashes

Jan 20, 2020
Hello fellow PC users

I've been having this problem for a while: sometimes randomly everything just freezes one by one, then it ends up getting me to critical_process_died blue screen. Sometimes it happens after having my PC on for 20 hours, sometimes after 10 minutes. When I'm in game some of the visual/sound effects disappear, then the game freezes. Chrome runs fine one page, and when I try to open a new one it doesnt load and the browser freezes. I can still use discord while this is happening, people can hear me talking.
Sometimes the blue screen message is unexpected_store_exception

I tried:memtest - says 0 errors

clean windows reinstall - from microsoft site, activated

disk check doesnt show anything, the softwares I tried says its in good condition

all my drivers are updated

nothing is above ~55 °C, I dont think it should be overheating

Can someone please help what can cause this issue and how to solve it? :(

Solution
Ram: Aegis DDR4 F4-3000C16S-8GISB Gskill - both of my 8 gb sticks are this type. I got the second one later though, I dont know if that can cause any issues?
Hi kovrob13, this could well be the problem right here.

Ram is generally only guaranteed to work when you buy it as a matched set.

How about you try running your system with just the original memory?

Complication - there may be more than one problem, so you may continue to see problems, but you should hopefully see an improvement.

At this point, it would be safest to assume that the new stick is part of the problem.

If you really feel you need 16 Gb, you should buy a 16 Gb set.

All the best.

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019
My specs are :
i3-8100 3.6GHz
GTX 1050
2x8 Gb DDR4 ram
1 HDD
1 SSD - 2 partition
Thanks kovrob13,
What's your PSU make and model?
What's your motherboard make and model?
What are the details on the ram (brand, speed, bought as a matched set)?
GTX 1050 details please.
Did you build this new from new parts, or are some of the parts older (e.g. how olds the PSU)?

All the best.

Jan 20, 2020
Ram: Aegis DDR4 F4-3000C16S-8GISB Gskill - both of my 8 gb sticks are this type. I got the second one later though, I dont know if that can cause any issues? View: https://i.imgur.com/FSCzgnv.png

Motherboard: Asus H310M-K
PSU: Koling KL-400 80 plus bronze
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 , sorry I dont know what exactly should I specify about it, took a screenshot from CPU-Z View: https://i.imgur.com/Kq8gDZj.png

I bought the PC pre-built, upgraded with +8 gb stick and SSD later.

Reactions: my_pc_build

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019
Ram: Aegis DDR4 F4-3000C16S-8GISB Gskill - both of my 8 gb sticks are this type. I got the second one later though, I dont know if that can cause any issues?
Hi kovrob13, this could well be the problem right here.

Ram is generally only guaranteed to work when you buy it as a matched set.

How about you try running your system with just the original memory?

Complication - there may be more than one problem, so you may continue to see problems, but you should hopefully see an improvement.

At this point, it would be safest to assume that the new stick is part of the problem.

If you really feel you need 16 Gb, you should buy a 16 Gb set.

All the best.

Solution