[SOLVED] PC crashes.

Sep 14, 2020
Hey everyone, I don't really have a ton of knowledge when it comes to fixing PC's. I've tried a few things I found on other forums and I can't seem to fix the problem. My PC has been randomly crashing over the last few months for various reasons and I've replaced several things at the request of some people but it's still crashing. I know it's not a ton of info to go off but just tell me what you need from me and I'll let you know the logs/details or whatever it is you need to see.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
The RAM are the same exact ones, I had two to start with and then purchased two more to see if the RAM was possible the problem and since I didn't run into any problems I just use all four sticks now. I've had the PSU for probably a year and a half to two years.
Try to boot using other PSU if there's available. If the problems still the same, then your PSU is fine. Then, try to boot and play using each of 2 RAMs (either the newest or the oldest) separately for maybe 1 hours. And see if there's any instability for the RAM problems. Or try to memtest64 each RAM.
Sep 14, 2020
Hey everyone, I don't really have a ton of knowledge when it comes to fixing PC's. I've tried a few things I found on other forums and I can't seem to fix the problem. My PC has been randomly crashing over the last few months for various reasons and I've replaced several things at the request of some people but it's still crashing. I know it's not a ton of info to go off but just tell me what you need from me and I'll let you know the logs/details or whatever it is you need to see.

Thanks in advance!
What kind of crashes did you encountered? BSOD?

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020

Thanks in advance!
Please provide the full spec of your PC.

Sep 14, 2020
Please provide the full spec of your PC.

PC Specs

OS - Windows 10 Home

CPU - Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz

Motherboard - ASUS Prime Z270-P

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb x4 (2 of these are older and 2 are newer)

PSU - Seasonic Prime Snow Silent 650 Platinum

SSD - Samsung EVO 1 TB

Any other information you'd need?

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
PC Specs

OS - Windows 10 Home

CPU - Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz

Motherboard - ASUS Prime Z270-P

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb x4 (2 of these are older and 2 are newer)

PSU - Seasonic Prime Snow Silent 650 Platinum

SSD - Samsung EVO 1 TB

Any other information you'd need?
Do the RAMs have the exact speed and exact CAS Latency with each other? Probably the problem is because your older RAMs don't match up with the new one. And one more, how long have you been using that PSU?

Sep 14, 2020
Do the RAMs have the exact speed and exact CAS Latency with each other? Probably the problem is because your older RAMs don't match up with the new one. And one more, how long have you been using that PSU?
The RAM are the same exact ones, I had two to start with and then purchased two more to see if the RAM was possible the problem and since I didn't run into any problems I just use all four sticks now. I've had the PSU for probably a year and a half to two years.

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
Try to boot using other PSU if there's available. If the problems still the same, then your PSU is fine. Then, try to boot and play using each of 2 RAMs (either the newest or the oldest) separately for maybe 1 hours. And see if there's any instability for the RAM problems. Or try to memtest64 each RAM.

Solution
Sep 14, 2020
Is there a way to find out if it's the PSU without buying a new one? I don't currently have another PSU available to try out. I've played with all the combos possible with my RAM, one at a time, combos of two at a time, three at a time, each combination still gets crashing. I've also run a memtest on all of the RAM and everything has come back clear.

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
Is there a way to find out if it's the PSU without buying a new one? I don't currently have another PSU available to try out. I've played with all the combos possible with my RAM, one at a time, combos of two at a time, three at a time, each combination still gets crashing. I've also run a memtest on all of the RAM and everything has come back clear.
I'm not sure there's any. Your PSU is working normally but it could have some failure when under load. And the only way to test it is either you swap it or RMA it to the vendor. But not sure if that's the only way to test it.