Question PC Crashes

kennytodd

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Hello everyone, two weeks ago I built a PC for my roommate, I built mine and another and after a few years they still work perfectly, so for the purpose of this discussion it would be unlikely that the issue I will bring up is due to how it was built. Anyway now to the problem, I built this PC for my roommate after he tried to and just couldn't....I didn't ask questions but he handed me a tote with a mess of wires and components. I got it all together and it actually worked which surprised me because the GPU was just thrown into the bin. The CPU and motherboard were new, I guess when he tried to build it he broke either of the two. Once I built it I ran heaven benchmark and it benchmarked perfectly, no crashes. He said he ran games perfectly for the first week but after a week he downloaded some games (he cannot remember which ones) and the PC began to crash. The PC will crash either when he just loads the game or when he is mid game, he says sometimes just the games will crash and other times he will get the blue screen we all know and love. I will list the parts below to the best of my knowledge but he is not someone that would be able to tell me exactly what they are, and for the sake of time I do not want to get into that until I am doing the suggested steps you all recommend. Can anyone recommend a fix? Thank you!

GPU: PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 8GB
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 with stock cooler
RAM: Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz (2x8GB)
Mobo: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
SSD: PNY 120GB SSD
HDD: Western Digital Blue 500GB
PSU: Corsair VS450

ASK THE COMMUNITY