[SOLVED] Pc crashing after 4ish hours

Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I'm useless with forums so I'll try my best to explain

Firstly I have the following
Ryzen 7 3700x
Gtx 1660
Corsair rgb 3200mhz 4x8gb
Crucial bx500 480gb ssd

I firstly bought 2x8gb ram when I built the pc, the pc was working amazing and then randomly one day it crashed at 14.5 hours of use, then it crashed every day roughly st the same time, did some research and found thay I could be dodgy RAM, so I went on to buy another 2x8gb and it worked great, tried to re-add the first set of RAM I bought and boom 4-6 hours in ig crashes, I've dont all the tests I can find information for online and its would seem there is no errors or visual signs of failure but the problem will not go away, I'm hoping some one here can help me at least work out if it's the RAM or my PC

P.S all drivers and apps are up to date and I've tested the RAM in resorce monitor and showing zero hard faults, also RAM isnt overheating and sitting st a steady 33 Celsius

I've used
Burning test
Msi after burner
Ryzen master
Userbench mark

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

Solution
Both sets of ram are the same speed and from the same listing so should be the same item just from different batches right ?

Well, if it has the same product ID, yes. But even that's not a guarantee that they'll work together. Usually will, but not always. I would remove the first set of RAM if the second set is working and see if you can continue to run without problems. Then, if everything's fine, put just the first set of RAM in and run MEMTEST.
"I'm hoping some one here can help me at least work out if it's the RAM or my PC "

It could be a little of both.
The PC may work great with other RAM.
The RAM may work great on another PC.
It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with either.
RAM can be finicky.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Both sets of ram are the same speed and from the same listing so should be the same item just from different batches right ?

Well, if it has the same product ID, yes. But even that's not a guarantee that they'll work together. Usually will, but not always. I would remove the first set of RAM if the second set is working and see if you can continue to run without problems. Then, if everything's fine, put just the first set of RAM in and run MEMTEST.

Solution

MurdyPlay

Prominent
Jul 12, 2019
want to ask about crash
is that crash or shutdown
MOST IMPORTANT: What is your OS? please say it fully. if you have Windows 7, dont just say windows7. Say it fully Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 etc. same thing with Windows 10

Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the reply, the crash is just a PC crash I notice the sound will go funny for a split second before it crashes

I am running windows 10 home 64bit