Question PC crashing after booting or exiting games

Muhammad090124

Prominent
Sep 6, 2019
My PC crashes after exiting and booting games. It leads to a black screen where I have to force restart the pc. It resets my Radeon game profiles as well. It started to happen after the Windows 10 update on the 15/10/20. I uninstalled the update and for a while, everything was working until it started to happen again This was after the 18/10/20 update was installed but haven't been able to uninstall it. It keeps on saying "an error has occurred . not all of the updates were successfully installed". I brought Titanfall 2 recently and nearly every time I try to boot the game, it ends in a black screen. I verified the file integrity but it didn't help. However, games such as Bioshock Infinite cause a black screen after exiting the game.

Sometimes after the PC black screening and being restarted, i have to "reinstall" the game that i was playing at the time of the black screen For example, Titanfall 2, I have to go on steam to reinstall and wait for it to discover the game files. I removed my Rx 5700xt and put an RX 5500xt to see if the GPU was the issue but I got the same result. Also, I used DDU to reinstall my drivers but that made no difference. General browsing and watching youtube causes no issues, only when playing games.

Any help would be appreciated

Specs
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU RX 5700XT Red Dragon
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz
PSU: Corsair HX750

Last edited:

Muhammad090124

Prominent
Sep 6, 2019
not very old , got it in 2019. Ive updated my motherboard bios chipset and gpu drivers. That seems to of fixed it mostly, sometimes i only get a slight freeze after closing games and the black screen has only occurred twice since.