Question PC Crashing after upgrading to RTX 2070 Super

kidprodigy

Prominent
Oct 3, 2018
So I recently upgraded graphics card from a 1070TI to an RTX 2070 Super and ever since then, I've been having this issue with Borderlands 2 crashing my entire computer. The computer just instantly reboots. It could happen 5 mins into the game or an hour into it. No BSoD and I don't see a minidump file anywhere. Temps are fan when it happens. I've had no crashes whatsoever before upgrading to the RTX, and that and a new 750w power supply were the only changes made since. And at first, BL2 was the ONLY game that would crash my computer like this out of all the games I play (BL3 doesn't even crash it). However, I just tried MK11 today (after not playing it for over a month or two which was before the RTX upgrade) to test out the new update, and I experienced the same sudden crash/reboot.

Specs are:

EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming Edition
Z370 Aorus 5 Gaming motherboard with F14 bios version
i5-8600k CPU (stock clock speed/ 3.6Ghz)
16 GB RAM (1500 Mhz according to CPU-Z)
Corsair CX750M Power supply (was purchased the day I installed the 2070 super

If I need to provide any other info, just let me know.

kidprodigy

Prominent
Oct 3, 2018
I'm not ruling out the PSU. It just seemed more likely to me to be related to the graphics card since I've played at least 20 other games and only BL2 and now MK11 cause the issue.

Before creating this thread, I found similar threads online that didn't result any solutions. One thread had almost the exact same scenario.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands2/comments/aw9mmg/borderlands_2_causing_msi_geforce_rtx_2080_ventus/

It's just weird to me. Graphics intensive games don't make it crash. Other light games don't make it crash either. I suspect it's an issue with it being an RTX card. Such as there being something that the card and operating system disagree on causing it to reboot. Or I guess the card itself could be faulty. I've had maybe 1 or 2 nVidia driver updates since then, but it didn't help.