Question PC crashing and games crashing

May 10, 2023
Hi, i have been dealing with issues surrounding crashing on my PC. I have a Ryzen 5 3600, rx5600xt, 16gb ram, a 650w psu and asrock phantom 4 b550 computer which is water cooled by a single NZXT water cooler.

I have been noticing my pc running louder recently alongside occasional blue screens and sometimes the pc just restarting with no messages and just going back to my login screen after the sudden crashes.
I am unsure of what this could be due to, i also have started dealing with high cpu temperatures alongside some games crashing such as cod cold war and mainly the new COD MWII. These games come up with suggested scan and repairs but when scanning these games for errors nothing comes up.

I am unsure of whether these are linked or not, i have attempted noticing possible issues or reasons for this as i use my pc for exams and also gaming which its becoming a pain to deal with.
In my NZXT cam where i can see the temperatures, i notice that my cpu ranges from 60 - 75 degrees while using google or on desktop and goes up to 80-90 while gaming which is hotter than what it used to be however the load on the cpu rarely goes above 80% even in games. The GPU temperatures are almost always low unless playing games and the ram % doesnt often go above 70% unless playing games.

On task manager, i do notice that power usage often goes to red 'very high' on small tasks such as chrome and when this power usage goes to very high i usually hear my pc fans speeding up which im unsure of whether it could be relevant to the issue.

I have perfomed several clean resets and tried running these games with little to no other software installed but still get the issues and high temperatures, i am unsure of what component this could be as im guessing it isnt a software issue due to still dealing with high temps with little to no applications installed or running.

As an example, currently i have discord and chrome open and my cpu is running at 66 degrees while on 3% load.

The occasional blue screens come up with the error, "System_service_exception" which mentions online driver issues but i have reinstalled windows and drivers several times. I have also tried putting my cpu fans on full speed but still hot, i am unsure of whether it could be my cooler, cpu or possibly power supply if its still quite hot on small usages.

I rarely experience pc crashes or blue screens unless running games. Please help!
I have only had this PC for 2/3 years and dont overclock or anything, its very strange.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

a 650w psu
650W is the advertised wattage of the PSU, can you specify the make and model of the unit and it's age?

water cooled by a single NZXT water cooler
Please elaborate the model for your NZXT AIO and how it's oriented in your chassis. What are your ambient room air temps? Make and model of your case and the number of fans in said case and their orientation?

Reactions: jakeridgeway3112
May 10, 2023

a 650w psu
650W is the advertised wattage of the PSU, can you specify the make and model of the unit and it's age?

Please elaborate the model for your NZXT AIO and how it's oriented in your chassis. What are your ambient room air temps? Make and model of your case and the number of fans in said case and their orientation?
I believe I have a EVGA 650W gold fully modular GQ power supply, an NZXT m22 and I am not sure my ambient room temperatures however not hot at all I have my windows open often.

I have a kolink observatory RGB and I’ve put my AIO radiator on the back and moved the back fan to the roof of the case. So 4 case fans and the radiator fan

May 10, 2023

a 650w psu

Weirdly, was just able to play the new cod for about half an hour and suddenly my whole pc just crashed, could still hear people in discord but my screens were just frozen and couldn’t CTRL alt delete or anything to close cod or anything.

May 10, 2023
M

a 650w psu

My AIO fan is positioned to take airflow out the back of the case as my front fans take it backwards aswell, and my PSU is only two years old. Everything was brand new when bought