Question PC Crashing during game transitions

Blackfyre12

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
Would appreciate any help on this guys...

My PC keeps on crashing randomly, however the crashes never seem to occur when the game is running. Although it has crashed once on startup (this was immediately following another crash, which I used my PC's restart button to 'resolve'), every single time it has crashed either when I have closed down a game, just finished a game or sometimes when I'm just starting up a game.

Here are a few nuggets of information that I hope are relevant to anyone who knows more about this than I do...

• The crash is a simple screen freeze and if I restart the monitor it shows a green screen
  • I have a razer chroma keyboard, which continues to display after the crash with my colour configuration running (waves and the like)
  • The two games with the most issues are For Honor and Assasin's creed black flag, I more rarely get interrupted on CS:GO
Here are my computer specs...

-OS: Windows 10 (free trial version which has since run out but it still appears to work and update)
-CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600X
-RAM: 8GB DDR4 at 2400MHz (I forget the make, let me know if you would need to know)
-GPU: AMD RX570 4GB Sapphire Nitro+
-Motherboard: ASRock
-PSU: Seasonic S12-II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Wired Power Supply

This is a new problem and has only occurred since I installed the new graphics card, it did not happen with my old Nvidia Geforce 750Ti, so I'm guessing the change has messed it up somehow. I am keen to know if it sounds like the graphics card is faulty, or if there is some incompatibility somewhere or anything else. The GPU was new but off Ebay. It came all packaged up so I had no reason to suspect anything fishy.

Thanks!

Edit: system has now failed and doesn't turn on, instead, this happens...

When I press the power button, the computer starts, the fans start whirring, the GPU lights up, but there is no beep to indicate a startup, and no display becomes available.

After approximately 5-10 seconds, the system then turns off and repeats...

Last edited:

Blackfyre12

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
I thought my drivers were up to date as when I checked the AMD software on my pc and checked for updates it was all up to date, having followed your link and used the autodetect function I am now installing further drivers. Does this mean that I wasn't up to date before, as both times the Adrenalin software has said it was version 19.5.2, but it went through the whole install and restart process when I followed your link

I had not uninstalled the previous drivers and am doing so now.

Thanks!

Blackfyre12

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
I will do, but now I’m getting absolutely no display. The system turns on and the fans are whirring, but there appears to be no signal through the HDMI. Swapped out the GPU for my old one, which I had no issues with, and no change....

I'd suggest trying another PCI Express port on your motherboard of you can. If this doesn't work, try booting each individual stick of RAM in each individual slot. If still it doesn't work, you could test your PSU in another PC if you have one available to see if it works.

Blackfyre12

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
Tried the different express port as well as my old PSU with my old GPU and no change. Just for more info, I'll lay out the current state of play post-system-death just for more context but I'll also edit the post to add this in...

When I press the power button, the computer starts, the fans start whirring, the GPU lights up, but there is no beep to indicate a startup, and no display becomes available.

After approximately 5-10 seconds, the system then turns off and repeats...

To me, it seems like, after I installed the graphics card, one of the system components has been struggling. I had been experiencing a few system software bugs, particularly with discord, CS:GO stuttered really weirdly once or twice as well. I assume that the component that was struggling before has now completely gone, or the new graphics card has caused the fault.

Does this sound plausible? I'm really not good with PCs