[SOLVED] PC crashing during games

Oct 10, 2019
So I recently bought computer components and built the pc with my friend. Everything seemed to work just fine for start, but a couple of days later my pc started to crash while playing games. First it only did occasionally but now it has started to do it all the time. I've checked the airflow, although one of my case fans doesn't work (I'm waiting to get a new one), but other than that everything seems to work ok. I've done couple of scans for my pc and installed motherboard and cpu drivers. I'm currently using cpu graphics card but I'm also mainly playing games it should handle just fine (such as CS:GO and League of Legends). That's why I'd like to receive some help for why it keeps crashing and what can I do.

A bit information about the crashes: First it happened when I was playing LoL. Without any warning or messages my pc just completely froze. I had to shut it down "by force". After that it happened with CS:GO a lot of times and now it happens, not even in the middle of game, but sometimes when I've just started the match. It happens with both of the games mentioned, and I'm at a loss for what to do. My friend guesses are that cause for freezing could be bad airflow (bc of the missing fan and earlier positioning in the room) or memory. For some reason making the airflow better hasn't helped at all, even tho the heating wasn't as bad as before anymore. I've still yet to try to the memory component, but I've done the check for it with pc check.

Here's the list for my pc components:
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Pro 4
CPU: Intel i5 9600K
PSU: Corsair 650W CX650M
SSD: Kingston 480GB A400 SSD
Memory: Kingston 16GB (2x8GB) HyperX Fury, DDR4 3200MHz
For wlan: TP-link TL-WN881ND, N300, PCI-E
And I have windows 10 installed.

Thanks for your help!

Solution
When you say it crashes, does it only freeze, or does it re-start too?

If it only freezes, it could be mem so i'd test that with memtest86+ outside of windows to be sure your ram is running okay.

If the PC is re-starting, that would point at the PSU perhaps being faulty or dying.

Of course, it's worth trying the standard stuff. Make sure system drivers/ GPU drivers etc are up to date, along with Windows too.

It's also worth doing a bios up date to ensure you have the latest one.

If it only freezes, it could be mem so i'd test that with memtest86+ outside of windows to be sure your ram is running okay.

If the PC is re-starting, that would point at the PSU perhaps being faulty or dying.

Of course, it's worth trying the standard stuff. Make sure system drivers/ GPU drivers etc are up to date, along with Windows too.

Solution
Oct 10, 2019

Hi!
It only freezes and I have to re-start it myself, so it doesn't do it automatically. But I'll try out that memtest86+ you mentioned. Thanks a lot for the answer!!