Question PC crashing during or after every game after cpu upgrade.

Nov 28, 2022
Asus a320m-k
Ryzen 5 5600x
RTX 3060
Corsair vengeance 32gb 3200mhz ddr4
Thermaltake Smart 700w ps
Windows 10 64

At my wits end trying to get this to work. Pc crashes or restarts only when gaming but in every game. First time replacing a cpu myself.

Upgraded from Ryzen 5 2600 to Ryzen 5 5600x

Updated bios and chipset drivers. CPU did get up to 92c at one point but usually crashes before I’m in a game long enough.

May just return it for a different one and maybe have better luck just hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

kanewolf

Titan
Asus a320m-k
Ryzen 5 5600x
RTX 3060
Corsair vengeance 32gb 3200mhz ddr4
Thermaltake Smart 700w ps
Windows 10 64

At my wits end trying to get this to work. Pc crashes or restarts only when gaming but in every game. First time replacing a cpu myself.

Upgraded from Ryzen 5 2600 to Ryzen 5 5600x

Updated bios and chipset drivers. CPU did get up to 92c at one point but usually crashes before I’m in a game long enough.

May just return it for a different one and maybe have better luck just hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.
Take the side panel off and point a desk fan at the motherboard. Retest. If it doesn't fail, then you have an overheating problem.

Reactions: CTtheWalrus
Nov 28, 2022
Take the side panel off and point a desk fan at the motherboard. Retest. If it doesn't fail, then you have an overheating problem.
Well damn that was it. You are the man. So I’m just using the little stock wraith cooler that came with it. Do I go for a nice dedicated cpu cooler or more case cooling? And thank you so much.

Nov 28, 2022
2 fans in front pulling and 1 in back pushing. Don’t know the sizes or anything like that. It was a pre built from a couple years ago that I have been upgrading over time and learning.

With side panel open and fan on mobo cpu temps stayed 70-75, peaking at 80 once. With side panel open temp got up to 88. No crash on either but I felt one was coming without the fan.
I ordered a Coolermaster hyper 212 120mm which is just what I could get the soonest.

edit: If it matters I was playing the new warzone 2 at 1080p getting 120-140fps with most settings on high.

2 fans in front pulling and 1 in back pushing. Don’t know the sizes or anything like that. It was a pre built from a couple years ago that I have been upgrading over time and learning.

With side panel open and fan on mobo cpu temps stayed 70-75, peaking at 80 once. With side panel open temp got up to 88. No crash on either but I felt one was coming without the fan.
I ordered a Coolermaster hyper 212 120mm which is just what I could get the soonest.

edit: If it matters I was playing the new warzone 2 at 1080p getting 120-140fps with most settings on high.
Sounds good. That cooler is better than stock. Hopefully that fixes the issue. Just odd that the CPU wouldn't throttle down and just shut off.

Nov 28, 2022
After installing the Cooler Master hyper 212 cpu cooler my issues seem to be fixed. My cpu temp peaked at 72 under heavy load.
I did not think that cpu upgrade was that big and i would not need any extra peripherals but I was wrong.
I appreciate everyone here, thanks for the help!

Reactions: drivinfast247