Dec 2, 2019
So I'm having this weird issue where my pc crashes out of nowhere. Not a blue screen but w complete freeze where i can only shut it down using the button. It only happens during streams. I did some monitoring and my cpu doesn't go above 55C while overclocked @4.0Ghz( ryzen5 2600)
When going into the event viewer there are no reports of the pc having a crash. Not sure what to do here. If anyone had a similar issue pls help.
My build is as followed
CPU: ryzen 5 2600 @4.0 Ghz
GPU: msi gtx 1080 in SLI
Mobo:asus x470 gaming f
Cooler: corsair h100i pro
Ram: corsair vengeance pro 16gb 3200mhz 16c

Solution
Im using the XMP profile so if you consider the 3200mhz overclocked then yes. What would you say the voltage should be? Rn I'm running at 1.28125 volts i could bump it to 1.29 and see what happens.

As long as you're applying the correct memory voltage...typically 1.35v for XMP profiles...the ram should be fine.

I assume the 1.28v is for your CPU ? I would say that's pretty low...usually 1.3-1.35v is needed for a stable overclock at or above 4ghz on a 2600.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
freezes? the mouse will not move, the desktop is a still image?
look at GPU. any updated drivers recently? if so roll back.

I'm thinking the system is refreshing a single frame but the system is running. no error because you shut down the system with the power button.
disable SLI and run with each single card. see if one card is freezing.

"...my cpu doesn't go above 55C while overclocked @4.0Ghz "

I would suggest a small boost to the core voltage...55c is very low and leads me to believe you may be undervolting the cpu to the point of instability....even on the AIO I would expect to see in the low 60's. Is your memory overclocked as well ?

Reactions: bmockeg
Dec 2, 2019
"...my cpu doesn't go above 55C while overclocked @4.0Ghz "

I would suggest a small boost to the core voltage...55c is very low and leads me to believe you may be undervolting the cpu to the point of instability....even on the AIO I would expect to see in the low 60's. Is your memory overclocked as well ?
Im using the XMP profile so if you consider the 3200mhz overclocked then yes. What would you say the voltage should be? Rn I'm running at 1.28125 volts i could bump it to 1.29 and see what happens.

Dec 2, 2019
freezes? the mouse will not move, the desktop is a still image?
look at GPU. any updated drivers recently? if so roll back.

I'm thinking the system is refreshing a single frame but the system is running. no error because you shut down the system with the power button.
disable SLI and run with each single card. see if one card is freezing.
Its quite hard to do the none sli testing as I need both cards running. However i don't think its the gpu becausei went through several driver versions and the issue persisted. As the next post stated it could be a CPU overclocking issue as i didn't bump it up from 3.9ghz to 4.0

As long as you're applying the correct memory voltage...typically 1.35v for XMP profiles...the ram should be fine.

I assume the 1.28v is for your CPU ? I would say that's pretty low...usually 1.3-1.35v is needed for a stable overclock at or above 4ghz on a 2600.

Reactions: Mr.Chicken
Solution
Dec 2, 2019

Yes, 1.28 volts for cpu. And I'll try bumping it a bit higher once i get home.

Dec 2, 2019

This have solved my crashing issues!!! I was undervolting the cpu. Running 1.29 volt right now. Haven't crashed during the 8 hour stream. I will run some stress testing but 1.29 seemed to do the trick!

Reactions: dorsai
This have solved my crashing issues!!! I was undervolting the cpu. Running 1.29 volt right now. Haven't crashed during the 8 hour stream. I will run some stress testing but 1.29 seemed to do the trick!
Great news. Just be aware that gaming/ streaming might not fully tax your system and it could look stable. Make sure you run realbench when you get a chance to ensure it is 100% stable.