Question PC crashing even at stock settings

Migdilu

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016
Hi, i am having a problem, the pc reboots, just freeze with a weird sound or stop showing image (keyboard and mouse lights off, but case fans still working) when playing some games (Battlefield V trigger it really fast). To test i've been using prime95 blend test and Furmark.

My pc:
  • Ryzen 2600
  • Msi b350 gaming plus
  • Zotac RTX 2060
  • 1x 8GB Kingston HyperX predator
  • EVGA G2 850w
I have tried:
  • Repaste CPU
  • Connect RAM, GPU, and some PSU cables again
  • Underclock CPU
  • Increase CPU voltage
  • Reset ram timings and use default speed (2400mhz, the ram is 2933mhz)
  • Update BIOS
  • Increase pagefile
  • Change pagefile disk
  • Memtest 8hrs (No errors)
  • Reinstall Gpu drivers several times with DDU
  • Test on a clean windows install
  • Test on a clean ubuntu install
  • Underclock cpu to 3Ghz and disable SMT (still crashing/freezing)
Temps of the cpu and gpu are fine (like 70° while using blender test, gpu 75° max).

On event visor on windows im getting error id 41, origin: kernel-power.

EZ debug led on Motherboard: CPU led on when crashing, but not sure, since this light and the vga always turn on while booting.

I really don't know what else i can do, i could use some advice.

Thanks in advace guys.

Last edited:

Migdilu

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016
Can you confirm if the issue still occurs in safe mode?

Do you have a mix of the issues occurring? You say you have reboots, freezes, no display, does it do all of these all of the time or is it almost random between them?

It occurs in safe mode aswell. Not a combination, just a random one.

I'm getting red light on the motherboard, it's the cpu light, but not sure, because this and the vga always turn on while booting.

Last edited:

Migdilu

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016
If it is occuring in safe mode and debug lights are flashing, it is more than likely hardware.
Are you able to try a different GPU and see if the issue persists?

I don't have another one. But if i try furmark alone it does not crash, see my last edit regarding to the lights. When it reboots always the cpu and gpu lights are on (even on a normal reboot), so i guess this is normal behaviour. When it hangs lights are all off.

Migdilu

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016
I've tried underclocking CPU to 3Ghz and disabling SMT and it is still crashing/freezing. I installed both ubuntu and windows on a partition and the issue still there. I really don't know what else i can try, i'm between the cpu and the motherboard, but since it's still crashing with underclocked CPU i am thinking it might me the motherboard. Do you have any ideas?