Question PC Crashing (Event Viewer Info Included)

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
PC crashes to single color screen.
I have done a clean install of Windows thinking that this would fix it after looking into it a bit.
Turns out, it only seemed to fix it for a little bit, but then it happened again.

Here is the event viewer information:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
and APPID
{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I looked this up the other day, but only found some random online website post about a supposed fix that requires changing a lot of permissions around and adding another entry into permissions and giving it permissions.

If anybody can help shed some more light on this that would be great thank you.

Otherwise, if this isn't what is causing the crash (even though it's timestamped for exactly when the crash happens) then what else could I be looking at then?
I do hope my GPU isn't just going bad all of a sudden (it really shouldn't though as I take good care of it, and don't overclock anymore but you never know I guess)

Last edited:

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
hi, event id 10016 is pretty common, its justsome app is missing security permissions, u can fix dcom warnings (if needed), but it wont help you with pc crashing, as they arent related in any way

u can start with posting your hardware specs
Specs are in my sig but sure.
MSI Z170
GTX 1080 Ti
i7-6700k
16GB (4x4GB) 2666MHz
FOCUS Gold 750w
PCIe USB 3.0 hub
250GB SSD (boot)
1TB NVME
2TB HDD

Only thing different from CPUZ specs is that my motherboard has been set to defaults so no OC at the moment. (Did this first thing when the issue started happening)
GPU has no OC either (have been running stock for a long time now)

Specs are in my sig but sure.
signatures can change :)

test ram for errors - https://www.memtest86.com/
test drive for errors - "chkdsk /f" command in cmd/powershell with admin rights
and run SFC and DISM scans for windows file corruption, open cmd or powershell with admin rights and run those commands one by one:
SFC /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
One of the first things I did was memtest with no issues.

I just did the chkdsk which required restart.
It did whatever it did with scanning and repairing or whatever.

Did all the other stuff too.
Here were the results:
Annotation-2020-12-21-231808.png

I can provide the pastebin of the DISM as well if you want that.