[SOLVED] PC crashing/freezing

Jan 2, 2020
Hi there, from two weeks to now i've been experiencing crashes with my pc. It happens 10-20 mins after i turn it on and Windows freezes and i can't click anything and if i try to click the mouse and move, it lags behind. It crashes like once or twice and after that its turned on hours gaming and everything and it doesn't crash, next day when i come back same thing happens, crashes once or twice and it doesnt crash the rest of the day. Sometimes i can press the windows key and it opens the startup menu, other times i'm listening to music on spotify and the music keeps going and the screen turns black after a min or so windows freezes but it also happened looping the sound when it froze. Alt+TAB, CTRL+ALT+DEL, ALT+F4, CTRL+SHIFT+ESC doesn't work. I dont get any BSOD's or anything and nothing appears in the Event Viewer. This is a custom build, built around a year ago, this is what i tried to do:
-Update BIOS to latest version
-Update drivers from manufacturer's website
-Clean install with DDU of GPU Drivers
-Chkdsk, sfc, virus scan, memtest
-Tried to disable DOCP profile in BIOS(went from 3200mhz to 2133mhz)
-Checked connections and cables to see if any cable was not plugged in correctly

Ultimately i formatted the computer to check if it was the windows installation that was corrupt, but today i turned it on and after 10-20 mins it crashed the same way as before. Only thing i can do is shut it down on the case power button. It happens mid gaming and when idle or watching a movie or just sending an e-mail.

Here are my specs:
-AMD Ryzen 2700x (Not oc'ed only DOCP profile)
-Gigabyte Nvidia RTX 2060 Windforce OC 6gb (No OC aswell other than the manufacturer's OC)
-16gb (2x8) 3200mhz Gskill Ripjaws
-SSD Blueray 250gb (OS)
-HDD Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
-Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
-Coolermaster ML240L RGB
-Seasonic S12II 620W Plus Bronze

Temps are good, cpu while stresses (Blender rendering) is within 60-65 ºC and GPU while heavy duty gaming (Monster Hunter World for example on max settings) max i saw was 80ºC and it's only one summer days, lately being around 70ºC.

I'm all out of options to what is happening and to what i can do to solve it, hope you guys can help me!

Solution
I would think either the PSU or the GPU is the issue. I'm leaning towards GPU however a bronze standard PSU will provide less power than what it says, especially under load (82% in official specs, making what you actually have only around 510W).

I would RMA the GPU but maybe consider replacing the PSU. Also not daisy chaining and instead using two different cables going to the GPU from the PSU (if possible, don't know much about this GPU).

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
I would think either the PSU or the GPU is the issue. I'm leaning towards GPU however a bronze standard PSU will provide less power than what it says, especially under load (82% in official specs, making what you actually have only around 510W).

I would RMA the GPU but maybe consider replacing the PSU. Also not daisy chaining and instead using two different cables going to the GPU from the PSU (if possible, don't know much about this GPU).

Solution
Jan 2, 2020

I have an old gtx 750 ti lying around should i try switching and run it a few days to see if it's a gpu problem? And btw this gpu (rtx 2060) only uses one 8 pin pcie cable