jakeglaviano

Honorable
Aug 19, 2017
currently
5950x
128gb trident 3600
Meg x570 unify
1tb auros Nvme

I had this build working fine I’ve used this build for editing post color and VFX aswell as games before the failure and stress. I had 2x 1tb auros Nvme in raid. 2x 16tb hdd. And 2x 1tb SSD. I just finished building my office. I moved my working pc from my room to my office and this is when problems started. (My office is in my backyard) it’s a tuff shed. Yes it has AC/power/insulation and all that.

when I went to boot it up. I was greeted with no picture at all. So I hit the restart button and a blue screen came up saying “please choose an OS” (confused I only have windows 10) but I gave me the option of “windows 10 on partition 6” and “windows 10 on partion 6” confused I just hit enter. This is when a looping splash screen started to happen. Eventually freezing in the MSI logo.
I hit restart. Was greeted with the same options but I chose the second one. Same thing.
First thing I did next was clear the cmos. BSOD “watch dog clock” . Second I checked my ram maybe some came undone. Nope same thing again. I clicked shutdown. In plugged and let sit for some time. Watchdog error. I let it do its thing and I Came back booted up and nothing but a black screen. I reseated my cpu. Nothing. Same with the GPU. I eventually grabbed a spare SSD I had (256 adata) Unplugged all my drives. Took out my Nvme’s and re installed windows on the new drive. I was able to boot after install.
I noticed that none of the drivers started to install. Ethernet was not working neither was the WiFi. I grabbed my laptop and put all of the drivers/downloads from MSI for my mobo on a flash drive. Loaded them up. Boom have internet. Everything is looking good. I go to start windows update. I click search for updates. Not surprisingly I have a ton but they all instantly fail. Then my oc freezes. I reboot and try again. Windows update gets to about 30% and the update gets stuck. I decide to start downloading other things chrome/more drivers because they still won’t populate. It freezes as I download the MSI utility center Frustrated I turn off the oc and let it sit. When I come back it boots up fine I go to download MSI utility center and it finishes but nothing pops up. I search for it in the search bar and at the bottom right collapsible window. I search under all apps. It’s not installed. Computer freezes. Maybe it’s the sata port? Same thing in all the ports. Tried two other drives.
the crashes don’t seems to be consistent some are right away some are 20 minutes into the boot. Any ideas. I haven’t run into a problem with this oc before. It’s not getting hot it’s displaying 31c. I do need to get this up soon as I have a job coming up. Has anyone ever had this happen?

jakeglaviano

Honorable
Aug 19, 2017
Well I think it’s stable I’m gonna do some more test.
I upgraded to w11 via bootable drive made from laptop. It crashed I downgraded to w10. It crashed wiped the drive. Loaded w7. Upgraded to w10 via windows upgrade manager. Crashed on second boot all drivers were automatically loaded. Downloading nvidia drivers and my other software with no problems.