Question PC crashing help

Grant_26

Reputable
Jul 19, 2017
Hello, my PC has been crashing randomly once every few hours for the past month or so, I have had the computer for a couple of years so its not a new build or anything. The crashes happen exclusively when I am playing games. I can rule out overheating since I have checked both GPU and CPU temps and they are completely fine, averaging around 60c while gaming. To fix the issue I have tried running sfc /scannow to check for any corrupt windows files, I have tried installing new drivers for everything using avast, checked to see I have the most recent windows update, updated BIOS, reset my PC, scanning for viruses with multiple antivirus softwares, cleaned out my pc and reapplied thermal paste, tried using a different outlet, I tried reinstalling windows via a recovery drive to a new different hard drive, and I got new ram sticks. The crashes still happen even if I only leave those new ones in (so ram is not the culprit). The crashes usually happen in games right after loading in, although sometimes they take a few hours, or other times I can go a day or two without crashes. The crashes don't show up with an error code in the event viewer, however, I did see a code 141 error that didn't accompany a crash. That specific code is a driver error and I restored my pc to before then but to no avail. Any help is appreciated and thanks for helping me with this problem I have been trying to fix it for weeks now and am all out of ideas.

My Specs are as follows:
Intel i7 8700k
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
16 GB DDR4
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA 115
Windows 10

Hello, my PC has been crashing randomly once every few hours for the past month or so, I have had the computer for a couple of years so its not a new build or anything. The crashes happen exclusively when I am playing games. I can rule out overheating since I have checked both GPU and CPU temps and they are completely fine, averaging around 60c while gaming. To fix the issue I have tried running sfc /scannow to check for any corrupt windows files, I have tried installing new drivers for everything using avast, checked to see I have the most recent windows update, updated BIOS, reset my PC, scanning for viruses with multiple antivirus softwares, cleaned out my pc and reapplied thermal paste, tried using a different outlet, I tried reinstalling windows via a recovery drive to a new different hard drive, and I got new ram sticks. The crashes still happen even if I only leave those new ones in (so ram is not the culprit). The crashes usually happen in games right after loading in, although sometimes they take a few hours, or other times I can go a day or two without crashes. The crashes don't show up with an error code in the event viewer, however, I did see a code 141 error that didn't accompany a crash. That specific code is a driver error and I restored my pc to before then but to no avail. Any help is appreciated and thanks for helping me with this problem I have been trying to fix it for weeks now and am all out of ideas.

My Specs are as follows:
Intel i7 8700k
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
16 GB DDR4
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA 115
Windows 10
Whats your psu it maybe be poor quality and failing