Okay so I built my PC back in 2017, havent changed anything except for the SSD. This problem started a few months ago, well into lockdown. I'm using my PC as normal, all of a sudden it freezes, for about 5 to 10 seconds, sometimes the audio thats running in the background keeps running, most of the time it does not. This happened once while I was on a Discord call, so I check on my other device whether I was still in the call or not, and I was not, so I have to assume my PC "shut down"
Things I have tried:
- I thought it was a problem with the HDD I had, so I replaced it with a fresh SSD.
- I ran memtest86 to check on the RAM, it found no issues. (it didnt crash at that time which could possible mean something)
- I reassembled my PC, making sure all the cables are tight just yesterday, and it has already crashed twice since then.
- I unplugged and changed the ports of my Monitor around
- I was using a PS3 Eye webcam, when the problem started, I uninstalled the drivers, replaced the webcam and everything
- I've reset, reinstalled, re-reset, and re-reinstalled Windows 10
- I've done fresh installs of every driver available, including the BIOS
- I once accidentally left The Talos Principle on and running overnight totaling about 12+ hours (I was playing beforehand) and the next morning it didnt crash, it was running perfectly.
- I monitored the temps, sometimes it crashes at 40C, sometimes it crashes at 60C
- suspect the network card but I dont know how to test it out because the crash is unpredictable