Question PC Crashing Issue

May 11, 2019
I'm gonna give as much information as possible so apologies for the length.

I first bought my computer in 2015, it was a pre-built Alienware x51. In November of last year I decided to upgrade it. As soon as I made the first upgrade to my GPU the issues were made. I figured it was something to do with the old pieces being incompatible with my newer components so I eventually upgraded everything except for the Hard Drive. I will list all the current components of my PC below. (Side Note: I factory reset to Windows 10 around the time of the first upgrade, I cannot remember if it was before or after though). I'm not sure if it's with more games or just this one because I don't really play any other games (except runescape but that's a pretty wimpy game). Usually this only occurs if I have Dota 2 open alongside Chrome but it has happened without Chrome open. The stock Alienware pc was able to do this with no issues so I'm unsure what the problem is.

What happens is that Dota 2 freezes and I am not able to interact with the game. It seems I have minimal interaction with the desktop, I am able to move the icons on my taskbar but they do not return to the place they were at before the computer froze. Other than this I don't have much knowledge of what else happens as I am not able to do most things when it freezes. When in a discord call if it freezes, I can still hear everything that is said but I cannot be heard.

What I have tried:
Updating drivers
Running check disk in cmd

You should just list the components so people don't need to go to 4 different places to see what you have.
What is the power supply brand and model?

When you had the issue after the video card change, did you test with the original one to verify the issue was with the swap?

May 11, 2019
My power supply is a Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU, Continuous Power with 120mm cooling fan, ATX 12V V2.3/EPS 12V Active PFC Power Supply PS-SPD-0500NPCWUS-W

I did not think to test the pc using the original graphics cards and unfortunately do not have it to do so.