Question PC crashing - no error message

May 15, 2019
As the title suggests my PC is crashing occasionally. Sometimes after booting up and other times after it’s been on for a while so it would seam there are no patterns. Temperatures are perfect and nothing has been overclocked other than the XMP profile 1 is enabled at the rated spec. Not sure what is causing this, maybe power supply was my only guess but should be okay with 450W I think and happens when the PC isn’t under any load. Last happened when I loaded a YouTube video if that helps. Any ideas?

AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000hz RAM 2x8GB
ASUS AMD RX 470 4GB GPU
WD Black SN750 M.2 250GB
HyperX Fury 120GB SSD
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Antec DP301M
Gigabyte WB1733D-I
Corsair CX450M

Thanks

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
First port of call would be to remove the XMP and see if the issue persists.

but should be okay with 450W I think
Bear in mind that it's not just the overall wattage, only the 12V powers your main components. That and stability of the output is just as important as the amount of power. If any of your rails are fluctuating slightly too much, it can easily cause shut downs. How long have you had the PSU?

You say it happens under load and when under low loads?
Are you RAM modules from the same pack or just the same model?
Have you monitored GPU and CPU temps (individual core temps, not just overall package)?

May 15, 2019
The lights in the pc stay on but it goes black and the the boot up screen comes on where you can go into the bios and then it load up windows again as if it was shut down and restarted

tontito

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
Hello, I have exacly same problem. It must have too to with MB bios version.
Afer F32 it gets instable with some configurations like ours.
Did you manage to solve it meanwhile?

Regards

Last edited: