Question PC crashing ONLY after multiple reboots

ricoex

Honorable
Mar 24, 2016
Short: crashing after reboots, does not happen if i shutdown PC and power back on.

Long: PC crashing after rebooting, sometimes happens after 1 reboot, sometimes after a few, its totally random how many reboots cause it and how long after the reboot it happens, but always happens. The exact crash that is happening is my monitors go black, i lose audio from anything that was running like youtube etc. PC stays powered on, all lights all fans everything. turning monitors off and back on does not bring back video display. Only fix is to hold power button and force a shut down. computer boots up normally and runs fine. This does NOT happen if i shutdown the computer via windows start menu and power back on. I have swapped out a few pieces of hardware in effort to find the problem except for 2 pieces, my GPU and CPU. everything else has been swapped and tested and problem persist. So either my CPU or GPU is causing this but not sure why rebooting is the trigger ,could this be a windows10 issue?. sounds like a RAM or MOBO issue to me but both have been swapped and work fine with a APU i used to test.

PC runs absolutely perfect no matter what, great temps , great performance in games and general use, no stutters or anything even under heavy load. Only rebooting will cause random black screen crashes. I want to note that the crashes after rebooting can happen under light and heavy load, it is completely random and not related to heat or load, just reboots. and sometimes can go hours or days without the crash and other times immediately after reboot.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, you're advised to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

since you swapped out parts, a before and after of your specs will help us two fold in understanding what was changed out. Include your BIOS version for your motherboard and the version for your OS.

Speaking of OS, when you changed the motherboard, did you reinstall the OS? To me it looks like an OS/driver/power issue. That's an assumption though.

ricoex

Honorable
Mar 24, 2016
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, you're advised to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

since you swapped out parts, a before and after of your specs will help us two fold in understanding what was changed out. Include your BIOS version for your motherboard and the version for your OS.

Speaking of OS, when you changed the motherboard, did you reinstall the OS? To me it looks like an OS/driver/power issue. That's an assumption though.
CPU:Ryzen 5 2600(have not tried a different CPU)
Motherboard:ASRock AB350M updated to lastest BIOS and ASRock B450M HDV R4.0 BIOS v 3.90
Ram:Crucial 8GB 2400hz CT8G4DFS824A was tested alone as a single stick/DIMM and Crucial 8GB 2133mhz CT8G4DFS8213 was tested as single sticks(both seperatly) and dual channel.Also note all RAM the crash issued happened and i also tested all RAM with memtest86 and all passed.
SSD/HDD:Ive tested 2 different 2.5" SSDs, 1 m.2 NVME SSD and 1 HDD.all fresh installs of windows and CMOS cleared.Still crashing.
GPU:RX 580(have not tried a different GPU)
PSU:I have tried 2 different PSUs, one is a 500W other a 600W,600W was bought brand new shortly after first having this issue,both have crashing issue.
Chassis:
OS:Windows 10 Home running most recent optional update as of August 5th 2021.i will note that this has been happening with other windows versions as well.i have had this issue for a long time.