Question pc crashing only while gaming

May 12, 2019
I built my pc in 2017 and recently upgraded my GPU but since then I've noticed a select few higher end games have been crashing my whole pc which didn't happen before. I thought it was my CPU overheating but seeing as how ive just cleaned it out and being the first time i turned it on today there's no way that would be the case. the CPU ez debug light flashes then the dram debug light flashes soon after to a black screen which then i have to log back into windows. i don't know what do do next please help

components
ryzen 3 1200
msi rx580
b350m msi motherboard
2x4 2666 xpg ddr4 ram
450 bt evga powersupply

becominq

Reputable
Nov 27, 2017
The Rx 580 is definitely a power hungry card for 1080p gaming but even so, It should put out less then 200w under load and the ryzen 3 1200 has a TDP of 65w. a 450w power supply should hold up these parts just fine so I don't think the power supply is your issue. I'm sorry I cant give a solution to your problem though!

May 12, 2019
Well it seems like his power supply, depending on how long he had that power supply.
After awhile power supply tend to get old and start giving low power output.
Ive had my powersupply since 2017 all my parts where bought around the same time that year except my gpu which was earlier this year

BringerOfTea

Reputable
your PSU is rubbish and your GPU demands more power than what that pitiful 450 EVGA bt can output.

Get a decent one to handle the load of the RX 580.
Even AMD recommends at least a 500 watt one. And if you decide that you will have to get a new one, make sure it's a quality one.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/radeon-rx-580 check out the requirements listed here.

And if you got the nitro + one I believe the requirements of that one is way higher...

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS