Nov 15, 2013
Specs:
R9 290
8 GB RAM
i3 4160
1 TB HDD
Windows 10
Corsair VS550
Basically, computer will crash at any random time - usually once a day - sometimes more.
It can happen while randomly browsing the web or while gaming. I can play any game maxed out without issue on the GPU side but sometimes, just browsing the web will make it crash to a BSOD filled with green, vertical lines.

If it helps, I'm using a cheap, low quality television as PC screen, drivers are all updated.
This also used to happen back when I had a GTX 960 - but not with the vertical lines.

Dave8671

Distinguished
Hi there

It sounds like resolution issue betwwen your TV and the graphics card. It also could be the driver for the R9.

My suggestion is try to match the resolution of the TV in the screen resolution settings on the pc. Another option is removing the old driver and install an updated driver from

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

Though I think adjusting the resolution is the first step.

Mikoloco

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Mikoloco : "PC Crashes out of its own will randomly"

Specs:
R9 290
8 GB RAM
i3 4160
1 TB HDD
Windows 10
Corsair VS550
Basically, computer will crash at any random time - usually once a day - sometimes more.
It can happen while randomly browsing the web or while gaming. I can play any game maxed out without issue on the GPU side but sometimes, just browsing the web will make it crash to a BSOD filled with green, vertical lines.

If it helps, I'm using a cheap, low quality television as PC screen, drivers are all updated.
This also used to happen back when I had a GTX 960 - but not with the vertical lines.
Update:Managed to read what was said in the BSOD - IRQL not less or equal - I have a feeling my network adapter (TP LINK TL Wn725N) might be causing this.

Dave8671

Distinguished
Hmm Please go to the windows error logs and post them for the days that the crash happened here is how

Open Event Viewer: Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.
In Event Viewer, in the console tree, click Application.

Look for any references to any hardware and post them here. Did you upgrade to windows 10 from say windows 8.1?

TRENDING THREADS