Question PC Crashing randomly

Nov 27, 2019
Hi, I have recently upgraded my specs, from crappy to reasonably okay. And after downloading drivers and a few games, my pc wont stop crashing, i have had multiple messages, like IRQL_not_less_or_equal, or BAD_POOL_CALLER, or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGE_AREA with the problematic file: dxgmm2.sys.

I have tried reinstalling Drivers, reseeded cpu, gpu and memory, heck, even reinstalling Windows, and going back a few versions(Windows 7) but nothing.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium E5700 @ 3GHz
GPU: GTX 660 Ti MSI Power Edition
Mem: 6GB Corsair memory
Mobo: Acer Extensa E470
PSU: Corsair CV 450
Storage: Crucial SATA 6GB SSD

Any help is apreciated

Colif

Win 10 Master
dxgmm2.sys.
that is Direct X. 95% of the time I see that crash its the GPU drivers. Other 5% is sound, have to give some wiggle room.

If you have the newest Nvidia drivers installed, its likely the cause - try running DDU and then run windows update afterwards and let windows install drivers for the card - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-perform-a-clean-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Fkort96

Great
Nov 17, 2019
Cannot explain it better!

If the problem still presists after reinstalling the updated drivers, try swapping the video card with another one if you can. Some videocards have a weird culprit that if you put a driver on it, that it crashes

Nov 27, 2019
that is Direct X. 95% of the time I see that crash its the GPU drivers. Other 5% is sound, have to give some wiggle room.

If you have the newest Nvidia drivers installed, its likely the cause - try running DDU and then run windows update afterwards and let windows install drivers for the card - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-perform-a-clean-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
Okay, I'll try. Might take a little bit though.

Nov 27, 2019
I feel its an issue with the ram, try with one stick of ram and also check each ram slots... Also Check the SMART status of ur drives with HDDSentinnel or HDTune Pro...
I have already tested RAM with a previous problem i had, Mem is fine and S.M.A.R.T is also fine

Nov 27, 2019

Alright, it crashed again, here is the .dmp file:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zs30gpm0ndm1knl/072820-9421-01.dmp/file

Nov 27, 2019
Cannot explain it better!

If the problem still presists after reinstalling the updated drivers, try swapping the video card with another one if you can. Some videocards have a weird culprit that if you put a driver on it, that it crashes
I unfortunately dont have a different gpu and none of my friends do either. so I cant really do that for now :/

Aug 10, 2020
Memory error. Can mean bad cpu cache or bad video memory access. Or bad driver accessing forbidden video memory.
?: Acer mobo? "6GB SSD" seems limiting.
So I had a case where one bit out of billions failed only every 5 or 6 times I ran the memory test. I worked for a vendor that had memory stick testers. Some crucial ram regions are blocked by BIOS or OS; memory can still fail even if you "tested it". Note that a bootable Linux Utility on USB stick can be a good diagnostic. USBVideo adapters are cheap for extra monitor and most BIOSes support it.

Nov 27, 2019
Memory error. Can mean bad cpu cache or bad video memory access. Or bad driver accessing forbidden video memory.
?: Acer mobo? "6GB SSD" seems limiting.
So I had a case where one bit out of billions failed only every 5 or 6 times I ran the memory test. I worked for a vendor that had memory stick testers. Some crucial ram regions are blocked by BIOS or OS; memory can still fail even if you "tested it". Note that a bootable Linux Utility on USB stick can be a good diagnostic. USBVideo adapters are cheap for extra monitor and most BIOSes support it.
Hi sorry, I meant to say 500GB 6GB/s SSD. I was half asleep :/
I'll go do some more diagnostics with linux and stuff.
Note: I do have a second monitor connected
And i might aswell wait for my new pc next month, if it still crashes, I know its either my ssd or windows or somethin

gardenman

Admirable
Hi,I was just notified of this thread today so my answer is a bit late but might be useful. Dump results: https://jsfiddle.net/v059z3o1/show This link is for Colif or anyone else wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:072820-9421-01.dmp (Jul 28 2020 - 12:56:55)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:Pool_Corruption (Process: MSIAfterburner)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)

Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

System page: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/model/PS.VBX09.001

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

ASK THE COMMUNITY