Question Pc crashing randomly ?

Semmie

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019
Hello, For a while now my friend has an issue with his pc, very likely the Graphics card, and its causing the pc to shut down randomly at times.

My friend streams valorant, and most of the times he can complete his stream, but sometimes his pc just shuts off.

Specs:
Mobo = Gigabyte x570 Aorus pro
cpu = ryzen 7 3700x
cpu cooler = scythe Fuma 2
gpu = Inno3D geforce rtx 3070 twin x2 OC
psu = corsair RMx series RM750x
case = nzxt h500 elite

When he build the pc and tried to insert the gpu in the mobo, it seem to not fit. he said trying to get it in the first and second slot (both 16x lanes) felt to forced. As a solution he installed it vertically with a riser cable.
Our first thoughts were that the gpu would overheat. But after running the pc without sidepanel and it still crashing we ruled that out.

Lutfij

Titan
What GPU did your friend have prior to the RTX3070? Did you try using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then manually reinstalling the latest drivers9sourced from Nvidia's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Might want to also check and see what BIOS version you're on. Version of Windows 10 that you're on at the time of writing?

Make and model of the riser cable? You should parse a link for the cable if you don't know the brand/model of the cable. Also, why wasn't your friend able to install the GPU in the first PCIe slot?

TRENDING THREADS