[SOLVED] PC Crashing sometimes?

rimrackjack

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2014
Recently got my hands on a RTX 3090 and for the most part am enjoying it, however I would like to do a little troublshooting into why my PC is crashing sometimes.

To describe it, it's as if the power is completely cut to my PC, just everything shuts off even peripherals. I initially thought this could be a PSU problem however it only happens in video games after about 10-30 minutes. I have just spent the last hour running as much of the Heaven benchmark as I can maxing it out at 100% usage and not even the slightest stutter or slip up. I am leaning towards thinking it could still be a driver problem for the 3000 series still but wouldn't mind 100% knowing what the problem might be.

My system is:
CPU R5 2600 (YES I AM BOTTLENECKED not as bad as you think since i'm on a 5k monitor, however this will be my next upgrade very soon)
GPU RTX 3090 Founders Edition
RAM 16gb, just generic 3200mhz from Team Force
MOBO MSI b450 Tomahawk Max
STORAGE 1tb random nvme (that's all I find I need as I don't do much just a couple of games at a time)
PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 850w GA

I experience the crash when playing Borderlands 3, and Star Wars Squadrons, those are the two games I have had it happen to me on. As for wattage I thought I should be fine since Nvidia recomends a 750w and I don't have much of a powerful CPU, and not overclocking. I have tried the PSU in another system but I wouldn't think much of it since the specs were exact same just my old GPU being the AMD RX 590. I do experience the slightest bit of coil whine i think, just sounds a little staticy from inside my PC case, not sure if related. I have heard bad coil whine on my old 980ti ages ago but you can barely hear this one.

Sorry for long post but any help would be appreciated, maybe there's something I can test that I haven't yet, I notice on HWMonitor my power usage on GPU goes to 102% sometimes if that matters, temps are all within norms, cpu never reaches 60, GPU barely scarped 70 during that testing phase.