Question PC crashing to black screen when gaming

Life Of Pie

Prominent
Mar 2, 2021
As the title says, my pc will often crash to black screen while gaming. It's mainly happened while playing Valheim, but I've seen it also crash once or twice while playing League of Legends. Usually when it crashes, it will black screen before rebooting. I've also had it crash where the screens freezes and i'll have to force the reboot.

My specs are :
Intel Core i7-9700k
Castle 360EX Liquid CPU Cooler
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (2 x 16 gb)
Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Nvidia Gefore RTX 2070 Super
EVGA G5 750 W 80+ Gold PSU

The PC is relatively new, I built it myself. No issues when running Userbenchmark or 3dmark but it did fail the 3dmark stress test for fps stability. I've tried the standard windows memory test and no problems were detected. I switched my graphics card to my older 980 ti and experienced crashes also. I've been watching my temps using MSI Dragon Center while gaming and I haven't seen anything above around 55C.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Nov 3, 2020
well the hdd can be tested with a software the psu maybe try to test it in another system or a friends system

but the temps are good so im going to guess its the psu but test the hdd with a program

Reactions: Life Of Pie

Life Of Pie

Prominent
Mar 2, 2021
well the hdd can be tested with a software the psu maybe try to test it in another system or a friends system

but the temps are good so im going to guess its the psu but test the hdd with a program
I've tried chkdsk and no errors there and used CrystalDiskInfo and it says my drives are in good health. It was also performing above expectations in benchmarks.

I'll see about getting another psu to test.

Thanks for the help!