Question PC Crashing when I move to get up out of my chair no BSOD

Mar 6, 2023
MB: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite V2
PSU: Corsair RM 740
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3060 GAMING OC 12G
RAM: 2x8Gb 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX (XMP 3200)

Crashes seemingly whenever I move about my room or get up out of my chair. Can't seem to reproduce the crash in any way. I reinstalled windows, swapped out my main drive for another, swapped out my RAM, tried using different DIMM slots, swapped out all PSU cables except the MOBO power cable since I don't have a spare one.

Sometimes my 2 monitors freeze on a frame and I am able to use the reboot button on my case to reboot the pc, other times the screens go black and my PC becomes completely unresponsive.

Have only had this rig for about half a year. Ran without issues for the first few weeks then suddenly started crashing. I've already tried moving the pc off the ground and away from the chair, yet it didn't fix the issue.

I am all out of ideas on this one

Ralston18

Titan
Static electricity is my thought.

When you move you build up a charge and/or open a path for an existing charge build up to head to ground/earth.

Likely via a USB or audio cable but could be anywhere and making the jump into the computer's innards.

Zap.

Take a look at all of the connections and wires. Something loose and wiggly. Bare conductor showing.

Try an anti-static wrist strap that is properly grounded. Just for test purposes.

If the problems end then another anti-static solution can be sought. Maybe just anti-static spray on the chair.

silverz

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2013
something loose or not seated properly. Or a short.
I'd start by taking everything out then putting it all back together again making sure all cables, components etc are firmly fixed in place. Remember sometimes things need more force than you may think to insert fully.

Leave out anything unnecessary to begin with such as additional hard drives and accessories to see if the problem still happens. Remove keyboard and mouse,all audio leads etc.

In my old case the graphics card would pull out of the PCI slot if I fastened the card to the case with the screw, could be something like that

Check behind motherboard, make sure all standoffs are in the correct locations and no loose screw or something has fallen behind.

Reactions: helper800