I have had this problem for a while but it didn't really bother me much until now. (Take that how you will) Basically if I try to play some games like Fortnite or Phasmophobia, after playing the game for about 10 minutes, the game will freeze and so will the rest of my PC, and I have to hold my power button to turn off my PC. This is only for some games though, some games will run fine even if they are most intense, it's really weird. I don't get any BSOD's or anything. I have checked my PC temperatures when playing the games and they all seem to be fine running at very average temperatures, I have ran several virus checks and it comes back with nothing, I have checked to see if I have any corrupted windows files and again it all appears to be fine. When I boot my PC it will sometimes take longer to log in than usual, or it will put me in instantly. It's gotten to a point where I honestly want to sell my PC as I can't play any games that I want to at this point. My PC will sometimes be fine and let me play the games for as long as I want, but then other times I can play for 10 minutes then it will crash, I don't know what causes this but yeah.
Fixes I have tried
- CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor,
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (Gigabyte)
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M Gaming
- PSU: 400W Be Quiet!
- RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 2400MHz
- Storage: 238GB V Series SATA SSD 240GB (SATA (SSD)) - For Windows
1863GB Hitachi HCS5C2020ALA632 (SATA ) - Unused
931GB Samsung SSD 980 1TB (Unknown (SSD)) - For Games
Fixes I have tried
- A fresh reinstall of windows, this will work for a while but then it goes back to what it is like now. And it would be very annoying to reinstall windows everytime.
- Changing some settings in my BIOS.
- Buying a new drive to see if it is my drive that is causing my PC to crash.