[SOLVED] PC crashing when playing darksouls 3

samymohamed1997

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
My PC keeps crashing while playing dark souls 3 it only started doing this recently honestly im blaming the heat but its running on 78-80 because egypt is hot as fuck but anyways it shouldnt be the cause of crashing so yea here is my specs:
2xSLI asus strix 1080ti
i9-9900k
16gb ram 3600mhz
crosair h1150i pro (cpu cooler)

https://ibb.co/1bc6BJY

this is the image link because it wont let me post it for some reason

Solution
Those look like some sort of "artifacts" on your screen, most probably due to a faulty Video card/VRAM issue. But, I'm just making a wild guess here....

Does this happen ONLY when playing DS3, or even other games ? You are using an SLI setup ? Try to disable SLI, for the time being, and then run the game, Dark souls 3.
Those look like some sort of "artifacts" on your screen, most probably due to a faulty Video card/VRAM issue. But, I'm just making a wild guess here....

Does this happen ONLY when playing DS3, or even other games ? You are using an SLI setup ? Try to disable SLI, for the time being, and then run the game, Dark souls 3.

Solution

samymohamed1997

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017

idk dont think its a faulty card they have been working with me for 2 years now but ok will try without sli and get back to u

samymohamed1997

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017

now that is weird i tested SLI separately on far cry 5 for 2 hours no crashes and now tested DS3 without sli for half an hour seemed to give better performance actually im pretty confused now

Why the confusion ? I think then it's a game issue. Maybe DARK SOULS 3 doesn't work and scale properly on an SLI RIG ? If you can play FC5 without any issues, then I don't think there is some fault in your Hardware/PC, IMO.

Just my thoughts......BTW, which Power supply unit/PSU do you actually have ? List the model number.

samymohamed1997

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
Why the confusion ? I think then it's a game issue. Maybe DARK SOULS 3 doesn't work and scale properly on an SLI RIG ? If you can play FC5 without any issues, then I don't think there is some fault in your Hardware/PC, IMO.

Just my thoughts......BTW, which Power supply unit/PSU do you actually have ? List the model number.
my psu is kind of an over kill its evga 1600 p2 so i doubt its a power issue

samymohamed1997

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017

i understand an issue in scaling but freezing my pc with artefacts + the need to hard restart because of it got me extremely worried but anyway im going to keep doing some more tests but from what i noticed 1 1080ti can handle ds3 60fps 4k max graphics np so no reason to sli it anyway literally extra heat for no reason gonna give it more tests on fc5 and gtav and witcher 3 (those are some heavy sli games) and see if those crashes/artefacts will happen again and report back here

Reactions: Metal Messiah.