Question PC crashing when playing games.

Louis84i

Commendable
Apr 20, 2019
I am in the process of saving up for a new monitor, but in the meantime, I am using an old HP L1706 monitor to play games on, however about 15 minutes into the game, my PC will crash and I can't figure out why. I have to press the restart button on my case to get it working properly again.

Louis84i

Commendable
Apr 20, 2019
List your PC specs. We cannot determine anything without more info.

Also, what games are you playing? Does it crash to desktop, or restart? Does it BSOD?

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
32gb 3200mhz
Radeon Rx 590
960gb SSD
Asus rog Strix x370-f

I don't think it is a cooling issue because when playing games I don't exceed 70c with CPU.

It happens with any game I play that after about 15 minutes it just crashes back to restart. No desktop or BSOD.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
32gb 3200mhz
Radeon Rx 590
960gb SSD
Asus rog Strix x370-f

I don't think it is a cooling issue because when playing games I don't exceed 70c with CPU.

It happens with any game I play that after about 15 minutes it just crashes back to restart. No desktop or BSOD.
You have to list your PSU make/model as that is normally the problem in most game crashes.
When no BSOD = psu shuts off (most of the time)

Louis84i

Commendable
Apr 20, 2019
You have to list your PSU make/model as that is normally the problem in most game crashes.
When no BSOD = psu shuts off (most of the time)

I have a 650w corsair.
I think it is a problem with the monitor or the link to the monitor because it didn't happen previously before i put this old HP monitor in

Louis84i

Commendable
Apr 20, 2019
650w corsair should be fine, even if it is the bad VS one (you didn't say which model)
If you suspect the monitor, why haven't you changed it back or plugged it into a tv?
I am not sure how a monitor would cause a computer to crash

The tv is just too big for my desk so that won't work but this is why i am so confused because if it was the monitor then why only crash when playing games???????