Question PC Crashing when running PCIE 8x 3.0 Lane restarts into 1x 1.0

Oct 12, 2024
Computer Type: Desktop
GPU: Video Card:EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 BLACK GAMING (08G-P5-3751)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D (Former 3700x)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 (OEM locked by prebuilt, Unlocked via Modded efi flash)
BIOS Version: F67d [Issue present on all bios thus far]
RAM: 16GB Kingstonm KHX3200C
PSU: Deepcool DA700 [E tier] (1.5 yrs of use)
Case: Armory NZXT case
Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 11 PRO
GPU Drivers: GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER - WHQL Driver Version: 560.94
Chipset Drivers: AMD Chipset driver 6.07.22.037

Background Applications: DISCORD, Brave

Description of Original Problem: PC is crashing when gaming (the finals) after 3-5 min, A good way to tell if it will crash is if the PCIE GPU bus is 8x 3.0 (which is what we want) as it then crashes and resarts system into a stable 1x 1.0 destorying the performance of the system. PC has no probelem Benchmarking, PC sometimes crashes while Stream/YT video is playing within the same time window as gaming all whille onn PICE 8x 3.0

Cannot move to lower slot as it heavily impacts performance. All I want is a stable 8x 3.0 PICE bus lane usage (cannot go x16 due to nvme)

Troubleshooting: Ive tried the following
  • Formating drives
  • Upgrading to W11 Pro from 10 Home
  • Taking out the GPU and cleaning the pins and cleaning the the PICE Socket 7 times.
  • DISM / Scans / Restore Health
  • Upgrading Bios from F64 -> F67b (latest) 1 by 1
  • Turning off XMP, Rebar
  • turning off Secure boot
  • Running BIOS at default settings
  • Turning off PBO
  • Under clocking GPU
  • Power testing using OCCT (1 crash that disappered when taking out all USB slots could not recreate)
  • Plugging out Sata connectors (cannot plug out NVME as its the boot drive)
  • DDU'd x2
  • Turning it on its side and attempting to burp it (also does not work please help)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would invest in something very close to Tier B since you have an RTX3070 in that build. I would source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built unit that has at least 750W of power at the entire system's disposal.

Upgrading to W11 Pro from 10 Home
Did you upgrade to Windows 11 using the internal upgrade path? If so, fabricate your bootable USB installer for Windows 11 and then format and reinstall the OS with only the drive you wish to install the OS on connected to the platform. Install the OS in offline mode, then manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command. This means you have to download the latest drivers and have them on a removable drive(another pen drive).

Upgrading Bios from F64 -> F67b (latest) 1 by 1
Did you clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was successfully flashed to the latest version?

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 (OEM locked by prebuilt, Unlocked via Modded efi flash)
Wait, is this a prebuilt akin to one made by iBuyPower/CypberPowerPC?

Reactions: Kouldey
Oct 12, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would invest in something very close to Tier B since you have an RTX3070 in that build. I would source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built unit that has at least 750W of power at the entire system's disposal.

Upgrading to W11 Pro from 10 Home
Did you upgrade to Windows 11 using the internal upgrade path? If so, fabricate your bootable USB installer for Windows 11 and then format and reinstall the OS with only the drive you wish to install the OS on connected to the platform. Install the OS in offline mode, then manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command. This means you have to download the latest drivers and have them on a removable drive(another pen drive).

Upgrading Bios from F64 -> F67b (latest) 1 by 1
Did you clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was successfully flashed to the latest version?

Wait, is this a prebuilt akin to one made by iBuyPower/CypberPowerPC?
Hi Lutfij, Cant source a New PSU sadly not even for testing, only recource would be to buy after a while, I did not use internal upgrade path, I used a bootable USB drive after formating and cleaning drives, But maybe I should clean again and install using bootable drive for drivers. altough I did 2 clean installs to the same issue.

I did clear the CMOS even pulled out the battery, Its a prebuilt from a canadian company called Armoury.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
M2 slot uses pcie 4x, cpu has 20 pcie lanes. I don't get why you're limited to 8x for the graphics card, should be 16.

I agree with psu, shouldn't be in there. Not adequate for power fluctuations the graphics card undergoes.

Take it back to prebuilt company if still have warranty.

Reactions: Kouldey