PC Crashing While Gaming

VMMichel

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
Hello,
I'm not a native english speaker, so I apologise if I poorly write anything. I'm also fully opened to critics that make my english better. Thanks.

My PC a long time have been getting me upset, it keeps crashing when I'm playing some game that requires a little more of the hardware. For beginning I was thinking that the problem was in the GPU, but now I'm using a new GPU, and the problem continues to annoy me.

My hardware configuration:
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2
CPU: Intel i7 4790k 4.0 GHz (up to 4.4 GHz)
GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 4Gb 256-bits
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16Gb (4 x 4Gb) 1600 Mhz
Storage: 2x HDD WD 1Tb (Raid 0) | 1x HDD Seagate 3Tb (Backups)
PSU: Corsair CX750M +80 Bronze

Some of the games that the problem is showing up is Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, The Long Dark and Grid 2.

HWMonitor with my PC iddle (Value, Min, Max):
p4Fnv7e

upapk5I

The prints via drobbox:
Iddle 1
Iddle 2

HWMonitor after my PC running Shadow of Mordor (Value, Min, Max):
EJ2KHTM

MV56mlz

The prints via dropbox:
After running 1
After running 2

Thanks for helping. This problem is getting me crazy...

Could you describe your crashes? Is it a Blue screen with lots of writing?(BSOD). Does the game just crash or your computer locks up/restarts?

First thing I would try is a clean install of your graphics drivers. Do a search for a program called DDU, you will need to run it in Safe mode, use DDU to uninstall your old drivers, restart your pc and then install the latest graphics drivers available.

VMMichel

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016

I used the DDU as you said, but the problem is persisting.

The crashes occurs when I'm playing for sometime (doe's not have a pattern in the time that the crash occors).
The monitors goes black, some times using ctrl+alt+del works, but some times the connection with the monitors go off, making the only solution turning the PC off in the power button and turning on again. Mostly of the time the crash happens the audio of the game continues working and the sound of when I try to use the ctrl+alt+del also do.

I want to stress that the problem was already happening before my GPU upgrade.

Update:
I checked my PC with WhoCrashed software.

And it shows this information:
On Sat 19/12/2015 20:09:03 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121915-10562-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E8A0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE00109EF6500, 0xFFFFD0004A6A3960, 0xFFFFE001068219D0)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

iomap64.sys (ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for NT , ASUSTeK Computer Inc.)

VMMichel

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016

Two packages of the same memory.
I'm already running in high performance.

VMMichel

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
I think I correct the problem.
I used the DDU again, but this time, I installed the Nvidia driver available in the model factory (in this case, Asus).
I also observed that a lot of people are getting annoyed by the same error.

I'll put as solved here, if the error appear again I update this thread.
Thank you for the help.

-------
Edit:
The problem returned out of nothing.